Would You Like To Trade From An Office

herbie14

HI I HAVE TRADED FUTURES AND SPREAD BETTED IN THE PAST BUT I MISS THE OFFICE ENVIRONMENT SO I MAY GO BACK INTO IT AND HIRE AN OFFICE LAID BACK, FOR 5-15 PEOPLE WOULD YOU CONSIDER DOING IT FOR SPREAD BETTING, FUTURES ETC ETC

hi, sorry my login went funny, i would think to cover costs around £500 per month approx in liverpool street

office in liverpool st

Hi,

I'd be interested to know more about your proposal for an office set up in liverpool st.

please email me at:

secure.investments(at)virgin.net

thank you,

bbmac

Hi,
Just an update really, to say all things going to plan hopefully an office will be set up in the next 2-3 months in Liverpool Street.
All the best for 2004

Hi herbie14,

what do you offer for £500 per month?
What is included in the fee?

Regards
Mike

Hi
The provisional plans would include
Desk with Pc and dual monitors
Office chair
Broadband/Leased line connection to access global exchanges
Telephone
Satellite Television for 24hr Market news
As part of a group we would be able to get cheaper brokerage, discounts on data feeds for charts etc, thus if you were a high volume trader you could possibly save enough in brokerage per month to pay your seat(£500).
You would work in a environment with like minded people to exchange idea flows to help stimulate trading ideas.
There will be a kitchenette with complementary tea/coffee etc
a small games/rest room with satellite TV/play-station etc.
You would have access to a number of technical charting books for pattern/candlestick formations.
Daily analysis of markets.
The only fees you would have to pay on top would be you telephone call charges, brokerage fees and charting and exchange fees.
The people will make the office, we want to have people who are interested in the markets, and not about office politics!!
I hope this helps
:)

Why not just go to Schneider, they do this as standard, the cost is c £700 per month, but it also includes your telephone costs. They already have a room full of 'like minded' sheep.. erm, sorry, traders......

Alternatively there is also KYTE Group who do a similar thing in Islington.

Apporoach either as a group they may well cut you a deal on a slightly cheaper rate - everything is negotiable!

Either way you get the desk without the risk of signing your own lease which could be very expensive if you don't fill the seats - of course you may be trying to follow STA as a business model so that the other traders pay your way.............

TBS

(nothing to do with Schneider, do use Kyte as a broker)

i spoke with with these among other places but they were £1100 - £1500 per month, i feel i would like to do the same kind of idea but on a more personal approach

I would also consider starting up in another location than the city , so this coule be an added benefit for people too,

herbie14 said:
i spoke with with these among other places but they were £1100 - £1500 per month, i feel i would like to do the same kind of idea but on a more personal approach

Hmm, you surprise me, Schneider were £700 for a desk plus everything - other than data, I spoke to them at the beginning of January.

Last edited:
herbie14 said:
I would also consider starting up in another location than the city , so this coule be an added benefit for people too,

Yep, which is why I mentioned Kyte as they are in the Design Centre in Islington - ideal for anyone coming into the Northern stations.

Whatever happens you aren't going to satisfy everyone so you may as well make sure it is ideal for you!

TBS - Why are you so fond of Kyte?

When I was thinking of trading in an arcade, I just found them to be rude, arrogant and cheap in what they provided - seems they just wanted to cut corners everywhere.

BBB said:
TBS - Why are you so fond of Kyte?

When I was thinking of trading in an arcade, I just found them to be rude, arrogant and cheap in what they provided - seems they just wanted to cut corners everywhere.

I have dealt with Kyte for about 4 years, had no problems with them - certainly not the sort of thing you mention, but then I wasn't looking to trade from their premises.

I also have high regard for the way in which David Kyte runs his business - however, that wouldn't stop me switching brokerage if the desk didn't perform.

herbie14 said:
ill check with them but £500 is still 40% cheaper...

Agreed, but your £500 didn't include phones (for instance) so its worth doing a detailed comparason, plus you are looking to build volume to reduce fees - these guys already have it.

FWIW:

Kyte - Adam Musikant - 0207 390 7777

Schneider - Patric de Gentile-Williams - 0207 664 4245

You may well have found a better deal, but surely worth a couple of phone calls and a days meetings to check.

thanks for the contacts, although yes i do want to set up my own 'small' trading shop for a select few people who can trade all different instruments rather than going to an arcade which mainly looks to trade futures or options.....