WorldSpreads

jimbo57 said:
The best way of doing that Marvin is to start a new thread, and call it something else

and still no vendor tag!

You know i had thought about that - but that would be an insult to the previous posts! I think development is now the key issue. An opening of eyes moment! :idea:

jimbo57 said:
Racer did indeed start this, and I accept that.

Regards the suspect info - just look at some of the ads! and that is on the surface. Do you ever read the site? Do you ever look at it as a new 'member' might and think for one second what they might see, and how they might react to it?

Thank you jimbo57, but is must seem that it was for other reasons as the thread progressed since then.

I have contributed very little to t2w recently for numerous reasons.. one of them being I contracted Lyme Disease .
I am hopefully rid of this horrid bug after a very long course of large dose of antibiotics but I am still not sure as there is no valid 'cured' test .. but a warning to others, it has increased incredibly in the UK this year and needs to be treated as soon as possible if you think you have it.
You can get it from walking in the park or in your garden, from a tick bite which you will probably not notice.
It can give symptoms like Multiple Sclerosis Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Arthritis, Meningitis, and some with chronic Lyme have committed suicide.

http://www.canlyme.com/patsymptoms.html

rossored said:
If you mean this from a moderation perspective rather than being shot down by potential customers perspective, then that is simply not true, Marvin.

Every single SB company, DA broker or whatever only has to ask permission to post and have a non-promotional discussion and it will be granted. The IB thread (and IB have never advertised with us, by the way) is a shining example of this.

Ok - From the off we had problems with our pricing which meant clients started a post that was in part true! But we have resolved this issue and are continuing to improve. What i am saying is that traders were eager to shoot us down as fast as we got up. Sometimes patience is out stripped by excuberence and i understand this! The simple truth is that we should have got things perfect from the start but that is not how things work in reality. However our devlopment team have worked hard to improve things to were we are now. I am sorry my mis-concieved comments have been portrayed and i respect the comments made on this board!

Regards
Marvin

Cripes sorry to hear that Racer, that's a nasty bug indeed. I sincerely hope you have it beat. Here's wishing you all the best and a swift recovery.

frugi said:
Cripes sorry to hear that Racer, that's a nasty bug indeed. I sincerely hope you have it beat. Here's wishing you all the best and a swift recovery.

I think Racer has recovered and is proud that her son has got into one of the best degree courses at a top university in the UK.

MarvinS said:
Laptop1 - I said i would get back to you ASAP. I have been rather busy recently and i am sorry my PA did not portray this to you the other day.

Still waiting for an answer, if I can go back trading online :rolleyes:

MarvinS said:
As i said b4 i am on holiday but will endevour to get you an answer! ASAP...
in my opinion most of the negativity on this thread comes down to the 1 point been offered. then other members saying that they couldnt have instant trading, which i think we will all agree is necessary in this modern age. 1 point spread is no good if you have to wait more than 1 second to close.

What's this, an official acknowledgement from WS that prices were unreliable in the early days!! Can clients who suffered from the effects use this admission to claim refunds? Surely if WS knew there was a fault they should have refused to accept bets until it was fixed?

MarvinS said:
Ok - From the off we had problems with our pricing which meant clients started a post that was in part true! But we have resolved this issue and are continuing to improve. What i am saying is that traders were eager to shoot us down as fast as we got up. Sometimes patience is out stripped by excuberence and i understand this! The simple truth is that we should have got things perfect from the start but that is not how things work in reality. However our devlopment team have worked hard to improve things to were we are now. I am sorry my mis-concieved comments have been portrayed and i respect the comments made on this board!

Regards
Marvin

I am glad Worldspreads have acknowledged they did have problems....

Phil Mibbutz said:
What's this, an official acknowledgement from WS that prices were unreliable in the early days!! Can clients who suffered from the effects use this admission to claim refunds? Surely if WS knew there was a fault they should have refused to accept bets until it was fixed?

It seems if you win off of the slow feed they switch you to manual, but if you lose off of the slow feed, then that's spread betting!!

I'm sure some of WS clients compaired quotes to other data providers(you would be mad not to) and took advantage of any slow prices. I'm also sure that many more did not, and got caught on the losing side of these slow prices.

In the real world you pay if you make a mistake....unless you can get away with it, of course!

Don't let then get away with it.....

i've been paper trading this platform for a few (profitable :smile:) days. but i went on their chat room, and their charts dont have VOLUME! i thought most charting packages would have this. i hope they update it soon. Do you know of good SB companies with volume indicators?

I see Worldspreads are offering a 2 point Dow spread...Margin Requirements are pretty punchy to be honest, but a 2 point spread is worth having if the platform is reliable. Anyone have any experience with them ?? I often think if it sounds to good to be true it often is.....anyone know if this is the case with World Spreads ??

SB charts don't normally do volume because they are charting their own quote not the underlying.

i've been paper trading this platform for a few (profitable :smile:) days. but i went on their chat room, and their charts dont have VOLUME! i thought most charting packages would have this. i hope they update it soon. Do you know of good SB companies with volume indicators?