WorldSpreads

There is some monkey business going on with ws, but don't underestimate them, they have been in the business for a long time now. I can't trade with them, cause I don't have time to waste, time is money and monkey business makes you loose time and money. Marvin will tell us what's going on there.

ClaphamTrader said:
:confused: ?? :confused:
Sorry swissgold, too cryptic for me.

somebody wrote earlier about expresstrade, telling us that you can trade with them from 4$ per roundtrip and I told him that you can have the same service from global futures for just 1,38$ per roundtrip.

swissgold said:
There is some monkey business going on with ws, but don't underestimate them, they have been in the business for a long time now. I can't trade with them, cause I don't have time to waste, time is money and monkey business makes you loose time and money. Marvin will tell us what's going on there.
Well we'll see what Marvin has to say relaxed after his FarEast sojourn, however Marvin works for the company so what he tells us is just company PR.

I agree with you that time is money but I just can't seem to get too cross with WS as despite their failing they're kind of my Good Luck charm at the moment. :D
I've just moved to placing orders and more long-term positions with them until the run of luck runs out or until they improve their systems and service.

As a rule, putting any profitable clients on referral and slowing down quotes even for small bets stinks :mad: , and I'm glad the feedback on this forum has let at least 1 potential client see past the 1-pip ad blurb!

swissgold said:
somebody wrote earlier about expresstrade, telling us that you can trade with them from 4$ per roundtrip and I told him that you can have the same service from global futures for just 1,38$ per roundtrip.
Cool. Thanks!

The 1 pip is surely a great thing if you want to attract clients from other sb's, there is no doubt about this, but there are other clients that would like more service for their money and by the way, it would be nice to extend this 1 pip to crude oil too. Traders that have opted for ws will stay with them as long as the 1 pip works and if it doesn't work then I'm sure that they will not go back to their old sb's, they will look for DMA and this is exactly what ws has to keep in mind.

swissgold said:
...Traders that have opted for ws will stay with them as long as the 1 pip works and if it doesn't work then I'm sure that they will not go back to their old sb's, they will look for DMA and this is exactly what ws has to keep in mind.

Well said! My next stop is FB.com. For tax reasons I want to stay with SB as I'm not planning on moving country just yet.
Although med-term somewhere with better weather and less bl**dy traffic wardens would be nice! :LOL:

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showthread.php?t=10827
A thread I did a couple of years ago with a spreadsheet about trying to trade the daily dow with spreadbet.. one reason I gave up doing it very quickly. In the last year I have only just got a reasonably realiable internet connection so up until now trading futures was not really an option for me.
I watched IG daily dow yesterday and even though the spread is narrower than on that spreadsheet I did some years ago, the movement was exactly the same.

I am not a systems trader, but I am aware that spreadbet companies skew the prices that is all and I won't place a trade for what is in effect a very bad price
direct access futures are the only option if they do that, tiny spreads are not really tiny spreads from what I have seen so far, things have not changed at all since my doing that spreadsheet!

Has anyone else noticed that the Worldspread's web dealing platform is the same as Capital Spreads? Apart from the colors, the layout and content are pretty-much identical. What's the relationship between Worldspreads and CS? Or perhaps the web dealing software is 3rd party? Or CS sold Worldspreads the technology? Or Worldspreads copied CS's design? Or perhaps I've started to hallucinate from watching the ticker all day long and have now lost the plot?

Last edited:
c6ackp said:
Has anyone else noticed that the Worldspread's web dealing platform is the same as Capital Spreads? Apart from the colors, the layout and content are pretty-much identical. What's the relationship between Worldspreads and CS? Or perhaps the web dealing software is 3rd party? Or CS sold Worldspreads the technology? Or Worldspreads copied CS's design? Or perhaps I've started to hallucinate from watching the ticker all day long and have now lost the plot?

Its not Cap Spreads technolgy or platform. The underlying system is from another company which supplies trading platforms to various comapnies.

Kevin.

How was HK, Marvin?! I spent a week there some years back and quite liked it. Still have a few friends working in the media there but lost touch with them.

Trading-wise, still waiting for you to take market orders and to add profit taking order to the stop loss one. May be you already have. Haven't checked it for a while.

Cheers,

Hung

MarvinS said:
Hung got your message, enjoy yout trip and take care of your family....

Cheers, Marvin. I'll fly off next Thursday but my family will stay here until the kids finish their summer term. They will then travel to Vietnam where I'll join them while on duty trip there.

I am not looking forward to the tropical heat and humidity though :)

Best,

Hung

Yes it is very humid and sticky. Thank god for air con! My father said when he was over in the Far East 40 years ago they had mosquito nets over the beds and no air con.

Hung smart move get away from the kids and enjoy Vietnam, i hope the B are funding this trip?

Regards
Marvin

MarvinS said:
Yes it is very humid and sticky. Thank god for air con! My father said when he was over in the Far East 40 years ago they had mosquito nets over the beds and no air con.

Hung smart move get away from the kids and enjoy Vietnam, i hope the B are funding this trip?

Regards
Marvin

Yeah, it will be tax payers' money (mine included:) I am afraid :)

My service rents a one bed flat in Bangkok on a long term basis for producers to stay there on rotation so I don't have to pay for accomodation when I am in BKK as well.

In many far flung corners of Vietnam, you'll still see mosquito net just over... the ground. There's no bed and no electricity. If you want people there to draw an air con they will probably draw a person holding a paper fan :)

Later,

Hung

Laptop1 that is from Global Trader i do not work for them anymore hence the thread - and that wasnt written by me....

Hung got a small market report written by one and trully going out all day - you need to email [email protected] if you want it. I also send out the report to some journalists on a daily basis....