WorldSpreads

laptop1 said:
Peto

Worldspreads advertise instant execution. I thought they would honour that for at least 1 day. which they did, she made over 300 quid I was confident she would make money on Auto fills.Thats why I told her to open an account. but the next 2 days, They introduced something new. which I didn't see when I was trading with them. I will tell all as soon, when I have Power of Attorney over her account. I seen all what happen I was sitting next to her.

As for my self, the problem I had when I was trading with them, I was unable to place a trade under 20 seconds on referred to dealer and 90% coming back with a different price from what I wanted.

Hope that answered you question
thanks laptop for been honest, saved me the bother of opening a account and closing again. thought it was to good to be true 1 point the dow.i trade either 3 or 4 lots the dow so if i carnt close it would soon be expensive.will watch with great interest. in 30sec the dow can move 50points.

Marvin

You're comments on here to answer all these allegations of account mismanagement would show in some way that your firm is serious in dealing with issues that customers have when using your platform. This thread is turning extremely negative and I'm sure that you don't need that.

Trusting you will come forward to shed light on some of the issues that have been raised within this thread.

Chris

Well this has just saved me some of my hard earned cash. I got a promotion offer with John Bartlett today saying open an account with worldspreads and they will give you back £250 if you lose £500 in the first 8weeks. I thought ok they seem serious enough. They obviously just need the business and prey on the 95% of losers out there who blow their accounts out and dissapear. Then I just saw this thread thank goodness.

We all await Marv coming back to give us the word from the horses mouth. I will wait to open my account a little longer....

Well this has just saved me some of my hard earned cash. I got a promotion offer with John Bartlett today saying open an account with worldspreads and they will give you back £250 if you lose £500 in the first 8weeks

My sister lost well over 500 quid and they have not offered her 250 quid back.

Its a shame I cant say more on her trades, but I repeat again, once I have the Power of Attorney over her account I will post every thing, I have even got screen shots of what went on.

She is sending a second letter this week Let's see if worldspreads will change they mind, before I relieve all about them.

Last edited:
laptop1 said:
Hi mattmadd

Basically it's about how they fill prices, once I have Power of Attorney over my sister account, I will tell the full story.

Not being a legal eagle, why do you have to wait till you have Power of Attorney over the account before you can spill the beans? Actually, why do you need Power of Attorney anyway?

Visaria said:
Not being a legal eagle, why do you have to wait till you have Power of Attorney over the account before you can spill the beans? Actually, why do you need Power of Attorney anyway?
When I am appointed an attorney, I am placed in a position of trust and you must act in the best interests of the donor i.e, my sisiter. As an attorney, you can only do the things the donor has authorised you to do, and you cannot delegate any duties unless the donor has authorised delegation.Basiicaly as this case may go to the FSA, There will be no come backs on me, for writing unauthorised statements. which worldspread may hold against me. so until them I keep the information I have, till I am attorney of her account.

In my experience with (other) SB firms, you'll have trouble proving anything, even if you do have screenshots.
re. the £250 back if you lose £500 offer, surely that means it'll be to your advantage to keep losing once you drop £250?
Anyway, no doubt we're all waiting with bated breath to see if Marvin comments here again!

Phil Mibbutz said:
In
re. the £250 back if you lose £500 offer, surely that means it'll be to your advantage to keep losing once you drop £250?
QUOTE]

It be interesting to see if Marvin will offer her back 250 quid, she lost 900 in 2 day.

The offer says lose 500 we give you back 250.......

laptop1 said:
Phil Mibbutz said:
In
QUOTE]

It be interesting to see if Marvin will offer her back 250 quid, she lost 900 in 2 day.

The offer says lose 500 we give you back 250.......

I would expect that you would need to have opened an account through a John Bartlett link to qualify for this refund Laptop. If your sister did not then WS will not provide the refund.

Marvin - it's gone quiet you're end. There's some concerned customers here hoping that you will come on board and provide some input to the questions that have been raised by various members.

Chris

MarvinS said:
Lappers 1 - Thank you for being honest!
I will be giving you a response ASAP... or as soon as i know!

Marvin

See guys, I'm also having problems as with my sister, Marvin said he would reply to me ASAP, regarding why I'm still on referred to dealer, I think I have give him plenty of to respond it's now been 15 days and still no response.

The worldspread definition of time was resolved, Or so I thought.....!

laptop1 said:
See guys, I'm also having problems as with my sister, Marvin said he would reply to me ASAP, regarding why I'm still on referred to dealer, I think I have give him plenty of to respond it's now been 15 days and still no response.

Fxmarkets previous analysis below

"Again the record plays on, now we have FAST execution thrown into the pot ,whats worldspreads definition of FAST.. ? seriously the corporate mantra is advertising or giving clients the impression that whenever a client FEELS like betting they can do so INSTANTLY . assuming appropriate liquidity in the markets......

Now Id say instant is quicker than both quick and fast.... lets try to resolve it, if worldspreads definition of Instant = upto= 2 mins, quick= upto 2 hours, slowly = hmm check for a clients pulse we can perhaps read fast as being a nudge outside of quick (it doesnt suggest as much urgency compared to quick to me when reading the word.) Fast therefore =2 hours plus.

righty now just need timely,maybe swift execution to be expressed next and i'll try to resolve that for the readers..."

OK now we have ASAP tossed out there and so far its been noted a considerable period of some 15 days has already ticked by , even using the maximal theory in an attempt to help readership attain a worldspreads time definition, I admit im struggling to pin ASAP , hmmm I feel thats a bit of a googly delivery from worldspreads just to keep us on our toes. And lets face it ASAP is a very subjective time tool to be using, however I submit a tentative 37 days forward, based on existing evidence and working practice and a bloody good guess.

So to recap to this point in Non worldspreads time we have as is maybe

Instant = upto= 2 mins :|
quick= upto 2 hours :confused:
Fast therefore =2 hours plus :mad:
*ASAP=37 days (tentative) :cry:
slowly = hmm check for a clients pulse :eek:

*new chart entry

Fx. :p

fxmarkets said:
Fxmarkets previous analysis below

"Again the record plays on, now we have FAST execution thrown into the pot ,whats worldspreads definition of FAST.. ? seriously the corporate mantra is advertising or giving clients the impression that whenever a client FEELS like betting they can do so INSTANTLY . assuming appropriate liquidity in the markets......

Now Id say instant is quicker than both quick and fast.... lets try to resolve it, if worldspreads definition of Instant = upto= 2 mins, quick= upto 2 hours, slowly = hmm check for a clients pulse we can perhaps read fast as being a nudge outside of quick (it doesnt suggest as much urgency compared to quick to me when reading the word.) Fast therefore =2 hours plus.

righty now just need timely,maybe swift execution to be expressed next and i'll try to resolve that for the readers..."

OK now we have ASAP tossed out there and so far its been noted a considerable period of some 15 days has already ticked by , even using the maximal theory in an attempt to help readership attain a worldspreads time definition, I admit im struggling to pin ASAP , hmmm I feel thats a bit of a googly delivery from worldspreads just to keep us on our toes. And lets face it ASAP is a very subjective time tool to be using, however I submit a tentative 37 days forward, based on existing evidence and working practice and a bloody good guess.

So to recap to this point in Non worldspreads time we have as is maybe

Instant = upto= 2 mins :|
quick= upto 2 hours :confused:
Fast therefore =2 hours plus :mad:
*ASAP=37 days (tentative) :cry:
slowly = hmm check for a clients pulse :eek:

*new chart entry

Fx. :p
imo, i dont think we will here from marvin until the issue with laptop 1 is addressed. if he came on and debated the subject he may dig a deeper hole for world spreads.

dcarrigan said:
imo, i dont think we will here from marvin until the issue with laptop 1 is addressed. if he came on and debated the subject he may dig a deeper hole for world spreads.
I have sent them a letter of complaint on my own account. I will post a copy of it once they have replied to my letter. Also as you all know, my sister is still in dispute with them, the next step looks like contacting the FOS,financial-ombudsman service.Further more they have refused me third party, for Power of Attorney over my sister account, I should have every right to raise a dispute on behalf of my sister They should have a simple 3rd party mandate for her to complete. to give me full authority to discuss the account on her behalf.,as they are not allowing a 3rd party to raise a complaint on her behalf as per the rules in DISP 2 and they are, therefore in breach of the FSA rules regarding dispute resolution.

DCarrigan - No issue with digging any holes here! I have an issue with dealing with problems specific to accounts on bulletin boards. It is called the data protection ACT.

laptop1 said:
I have sent them a letter of complaint on my own account. I will post a copy of it once they have replied to my letter. Also as you all know, my sister is still in dispute with them, the next step looks like contacting the FOS,financial-ombudsman service.Further more they have refused me third party, for Power of Attorney over my sister account, I should have every right to raise a dispute on behalf of my sister They should have a simple 3rd party mandate for her to complete. to give me full authority to discuss the account on her behalf.,as they are not allowing a 3rd party to raise a complaint on her behalf as per the rules in DISP 2 and they are, therefore in breach of the FSA rules regarding dispute resolution.

It depends on the terms of the attorney she has signed. Many companies' documents will only give a limited amount of power - generally resricted to placing trades. As much as she trusts you to trade for her, she may not like the idea of you being able to withdraw her money! There is nothing to prevent her giving you a seperate authority to deal with disputes though. You could copy the style of their PoA form, just substituting the right to negotiate in the case of a dispute for any trading rights.

ns1000 said:
It depends on the terms of the attorney she has signed. Many companies' documents will only give a limited amount of power - generally resricted to placing trades. As much as she trusts you to trade for her, she may not like the idea of you being able to withdraw her money! There is nothing to prevent her giving you a seperate authority to deal with disputes though. You could copy the style of their PoA form, just substituting the right to negotiate in the case of a dispute for any trading rights.
There should be no difficulty for worldspreads at all. They should have a simple 3rd party mandate for her to complete. but they are not allowing it. This in breach of the FSA rules regarding dispute resolution.

MarvinS said:
DCarrigan - No issue with digging any holes here! I have an issue with dealing with problems specific to accounts on bulletin boards. It is called the data protection ACT.
thanks for your reply.

MarvinS said:

Marvin

I will point out to you, under the (DPA) data protection ACT, you have the right to nominate somone to act on your behalf. Therefore, why are you reluctance for me to act on behalf of my sister,this is direct contradiction to your recent remark, which contradicts the principles set out in the DPA in this regard and also contradicts section 2 of DISP in which a nominated third party is defined as an eligible complainant under the Financial Services and Markets Act.

I will wait for you reply with regard to the above.

ps
You have sill not answered my other questionI asked on post #343 date 10-07-2006 Its now been 20 days.