Worldspreads upgraded!

Good point

JTrader said:
OK
so we know that WS (and CS) have a problem with scalpers.

What i don't know is why they don't like scalpers, given that scalping is a just as skillful, difficult and respectable type of trading as any other.

Have WS offered an explanation for why they don't like scalpers, and how scalping clients is bad/non-favourable/problematic for them as a business?

Cheers.
That is a very, very good point; let's see who picks up the gauntlet! WC or CS?

DannyA from WS said, 'If we can't hedge it, you can't trade it. It is as simple as that'. Now, if you believe that is the reason, then you will believe anything.

FXSCALPER2 said:
DannyA from WS said, 'If we can't hedge it, you can't trade it. It is as simple as that'. Now, if you believe that is the reason, then you will believe anything.

Thanks FXS

Hedging individual trades, unless very big, sounds like it may be too costly for them - unless a clients making big trade sizes. Whether the £100 per point online 1 point maximum is considered big, I don't know.

I understand WS are able to offer 1-pip spreads as they have something like a "pooled" hedge position going on. Trades being hedged on a group rather than an individual basis.

Surely this is all done automatically? They don't have young Trevor individually adding to the pooled hedge position as and when Mr Jones places a trade or not?
Therefore, if individual trades are hedged into a group hedge position, surely this is all done automatically, whether a trade lasts for 6 minutes or 2 minutes minutes shouldn't make a difference.

Last edited:
MarvinS said:
Hi Gle, I have been away for awhile but still trading. Some nice moves about to happen soon in currencies! I am thinking GBP races above 2 towards 2.0800, would be nice to see it up there! I see the WS thread is quite busy alot of discussions and that Capital Spreads have decided to join the 1 point spread party. Any improvents to the WS feed?
Hi Marvin,
Hard to keep from trading, ha ha! We'll see about the GBP. Yes CS has joined the bandwagon of the 1 spread revolution. I guess they are testing the waters with a less volatile instrument, before moving on to the other products that WS is offering. This was expected as CS could not just watch silently as WS took market share from them.

Yes really, the discussion on the thread is great. I see this as an advantage for WS, as they can benefit from it by improving their service. No improvement in the WS feed, as yet Marvin. I have decided to take a break from trading with WS until I get a welcome back email from them, meaning I am put back on the instant execution again.

Persian said:
Worldspreads, do they offer only 1 spread on the Daily Dow Rolling?

They do the 1 pip spread on the rolling future. It's a 4 pip spread on the rolling cash.

Hope this helps

Blu-Ray

FXSCALPER2 said:

Sorry i find that wrong, please do not quote dealers or any other people on this thread that have not given the express rights to be mentioned here! That is my opinion....
Please retract!

That has really angered me you cannot hide behind a user name on these threads and expect to name people that are hard working and have vastly more experiences in the markets then you. Come on don't de-base yourself to these comments. I had thought more of some people here and especially you FXS...

MarvinS said:
Sorry i find that wrong, please do not quote dealers or any other people on this thread that have not given the express rights to be mentioned here! That is my opinion....
Please retract!

I think Marvin the right to quote is with however wants to quote it , if a dealer is sprouting Bull****, then you should be telling him to be truthful to the customers and to retract the spin and pump the facts of the matter .

I mean the customer or potential customer asked the comapny rep and recieved a response. If its not true then what is and if it aint true and its coming from a head dealer then what does that say ? Are you saying he's lying or just ignorant?

MarvinS said:
That has really angered me you cannot hide behind a user name on these threads and expect to name people that are hard working and have vastly more experiences in the markets then you. Come on don't de-base yourself to these comments. I had thought more of some people here and especially you FXS...

I am not sure what you are objecting to, Marvin. I am not hiding behind anything, mate. That fella Danny said 'you can't trade it if we can't hedge it', and that strikes me as a pretty reasonable thing for him to say. What has Danny's 'vast' expertise got to do with the price of fish in Okinawa, buddy?

FXSCALPER2 said:
I am not sure what you are objecting to, Marvin. I am not hiding behind anything, mate. That fella Danny said 'you can't trade it if we can't hedge it', and that strikes me as a pretty reasonable thing for him to say. What has Danny's 'vast' expertise got to do with the price of fish in Okinawa, buddy?

The only unfair thing really is that Danny is probably too busy frantically hedging to read what he's apparently said, and deny, explain or confirm it.

ns1000 said:
The only unfair thing really is that Danny is probably too busy frantically hedging to read what he's apparently said, and deny, explain or confirm it.

You see WS could say any number of things to explain their practices. Of all the possible explanations, the one that says scalpers do not give them a chance strikes me as the most reasonable. It is not as if Danny said they don't like winners. From I am sitting, Danny looks in pretty good shape to me, unless of course he made it up, which I seriously doubt.

FXSCALPER2 said:
You see WS could say any number of things to explain their practices. Of all the possible explanations, the one that says scalpers do not give them a chance strikes me as the most reasonable. It is not as if Danny said they don't like winners. From I am sitting, Danny looks in pretty good shape to me, unless of course he made it up, which I seriously doubt.
You're right - I'm convinced that that's the most reasonable explanation. Understandably, they don't like snipers. Had Danny said that rironically though, it could still be reported as fact here and he wouldn't be here to set the record straight. Not that it really matters too much - I can't see this as overly contreversial.

Its strange how they pull the plug and go offline for 12+ minutes, just as the Retail Sales release comes out.

Agreed Jtrader although I wasen't off for 12 minutes that I recall but I may be wrong.

Anyone else suffering WS platform going down on them ? ( no pun intended ) Mine has gone down 3 times since yesterday afternoon,once late yesterday and twice this morning.I know it's not my I.S.P. as I.C.Q. was working at the time. When you ring they say nothing wrong at thier end.

What is happening then ?

Interesting...

Our 1 point spread markets have proved to be extremely popular with you during the last 6 months, and we will continue to be the ONLY spread betting firm in the UK to offer 1 point spreads on the following headline markets:

FTSE, DAX & CAC - Rolling Futures Markets *

EURO/$, USD/JPY & USD/AUD - Rolling Spot **

Unfortunately, due to increased market volatility, with effect from TUESDAY, 20 FEBRUARY, we will now be TWO Point Spread on the following markets:

GBP/USD - Rolling Spot **

WALL ST - Rolling Future (2.35pm to 9.00pm only)

Note that this is still better than any of our competitors. You will not find these markets offered anywhere at better spreads.

Probably had to happen sooner or later. But will they return to 1pt spreads if they find they've suddenly lost most of their business? As WS don't offer any 'extras' (charts, etc) , have a creaky platform and their spreads on everything else are wider than elsewhere, why use them?