windows 8 and live streaming charts latency

i recently bought a new windows 8 computer and am now having trouble with scottrade elite software. the program loads up fine, but there seems be high latency in the live streaming charts and when viewing multiple charts simultaneously, the data updates inconsistently, and stop updating altogether in some charts.

i suspect theres an incompatibility between windows 8 and scottrade elite. i spoke to tech support at scottrade but they seemed inexperienced and weren't much help.

the computer works great otherwise. is anyone else experiencing these types of problems? my anti-virus software and firewall is turned off.

agree but, everything comes loaded with windows 8 now. keeping xp around is not in microsofts interests

I guess it comes down to how you will be using it. I bought a laptop just before Win8 came out and used the discount offer to buy the new OS. I will shortly be taking it off and reverting to 7.

However for trading I have a dedicated desktop with XP. It really is the bees knees. I don't care if MS want to charge me a fee to maintain support, I'll pay it. They are going in a different direction however (and failing upto now) like you say.

I'll miss XP come next year.

I guess it comes down to how you will be using it. I bought a laptop just before Win8 came out and used the discount offer to buy the new OS. I will shortly be taking it off and reverting to 7.

However for trading I have a dedicated desktop with XP. It really is the bees knees. I don't care if MS want to charge me a fee to maintain support, I'll pay it. They are going in a different direction however (and failing upto now) like you say.

I'll miss XP come next year.

i guess you're suggesting buying an xp install and overwriting windows 8. looks like it can be had for $60-100. the problem is, all the drivers might not be available. i have xp on another machine, and it does work great.

Last edited: