Windows 10 for free

2,303 603
Sounds like a good deal ( I'm open to rethink) but I shall wait 3-4 months for the inevitable problems to surface. Got a year to upgrade and can rollback. Win 7 support expires 2020 so it could make financial sense but MS not yet announced payment scheme. They appear to. be moving towards rental like Ofice 365. Rest assured that whatever happens will be best for MS.

Last edited:

Splitlink

Legendary member
10,850 1,232
Sounds like a good deal ( I'm open to rethink) but I shall wait 3-4 months for the inevitable problems to surface. Got a year to upgrade and can rollback. Win 7 support expires 2020 so it could make financial sense but MS not yet announced payment scheme. They appear to. be moving towards rental like Ofice 365. Rest assured that whatever happens will be best for MS.
My computer is a month old and loaded with Windows 8. I understand that 10 will loaded, automatically. Today, I suppose. Anyway, when it happens I'll let you know how I get on.

I have been having scrolling problems on T2W and have learned that Sharky uses Chrome. If he doesn't know, who does? I may change over to Chrome, myswlf.

Pat Riley

Established member
794 178
Free stuff is often full of adware junk. Beware.
t2w is free.

Oh, right, get your point.

(Come on Sharky, where's your sense of humour man?)

Splitlink

Legendary member
10,850 1,232
Windows got in touch this morning and 10 is set to be downloaded at 1600. I shall leave the computer on and go out until tonight.

2,303 603
Windows got in touch this morning and 10 is set to be downloaded at 1600. I shall leave the computer on and go out until tonight.
You never know – might just turn out to be the equivalent of going on holiday and leaving your teenage kids at home having promised they won't invite any of their mates round for a party!

Splitlink

Legendary member
10,850 1,232
You never know – might just turn out to be the equivalent of going on holiday and leaving your teenage kids at home having promised they won't invite any of their mates round for a party!
Came home to Windows 10. No apparent problems so far.

Splitlink

Legendary member
10,850 1,232
I have a new computer and the agreement was an automatic update from 8 to 10 at end July. I have no reason not to have it.

Whether it is better, or not, remains to be seen.

As a lot of folk are a little apprehensive about it I am offering my experiences.

So far, so good but I do not use a computer for much and most of the apps are likely to remain unused.

Last edited: