Windows 10 for free

Hi hhiusa,

Because Windows was smart enough to be there when I bought a new computer. As they were smart enough when I bought my previous one. Most computers that one buys has Windows loaded already and, as I just said, my necessities are pretty basic. Windows has very efficient marketing.

Hi hhiusa,

Because Windows was smart enough to be there when I bought a new computer. As they were smart enough when I bought my previous one. Most computers that one buys has Windows loaded already and, as I just said, my necessities are pretty basic. Windows has very efficient marketing.

That does not make any sense. Why not buy a Mac?

That does not make any sense. Why not buy a Mac?

Well, I had not thought of that. Probably because of cost. As far as I'm concerned, they are all much the same-- I am having no trouble reading you, or anyone else, so why would I want a Mac, if it's more expensive?

Well, I had not thought of that. Probably because of cost. As far as I'm concerned, they are all much the same-- I am having no trouble reading you, or anyone else, so why would I want a Mac, if it's more expensive?

you get what you pay for at least that's what I think. Apple is obviously doing something right as they only have 11% of the market share and they are worth more than all the other computer companies combined. imagine trying to have a cake filled by five different cooks. The only adage is true about him too many cooks spoil the broth. Apple they make their own chips they make the computer they make the hardware and the software have an Apple store where you can buy other software vetted by them. With PCs you have someone who makes the operating system, someone who makes the chip, and a whole bunch of third-party companies who make the software.

Gaming for me. Macs don't come close to PC's in gaming abilities.

Not fused who makes the chips,/ software as long as they work,

Ahoy El Splitto

Hows it going with windows 10 ?
Any hang ups. bugs etc. ?

I think AI is really interesting and only a matter of time before institutions like Parliament, the Courts etc. get replaced by AI programs imho.
Probably trading too ( after a bit of teaching ).

There is a worrying side to AI though. Armies of robots armed up with guns and shooting anything that moves. How many would it take to re-capture Mosul ?

ive just downloaded win 10 on my laptop ( upgraded from 7 pro ), even though i had no windows upgrade app, a little time spent looking ont tinternet and found a direct download from microsoft. working fine at the moment, just getting to know the new features.

ive just downloaded win 10 on my laptop ( upgraded from 7 pro ), even though i had no windows upgrade app, a little time spent looking ont tinternet and found a direct download from microsoft. working fine at the moment, just getting to know the new features.

Same here. I've been using windows 10 since Friday. All good so far. I installed windows 10 in a separate partition so now I can choose either win8 or win10 on bootup.

are you using the new browser pete ? what do you think ?

Once im used to something like win7 for example im reluctant to change, but there again you have got to move with the times, I cut my teeth using ms.dos and win 3.11, somehow managed to leapfrog win 95, NT, vista lol.

just noticed the new browser doesn't like the icons on the left of these pages,( like, report post etc) it wont display them !

Last edited:
I do not buy a computer because it runs games better. I might consider that if I had a child.

I'm not overly impressed with the new Edge browser, but it is faster than IE. Hopefully we won't get endless streams of security patches. I see what you mean about the small icons but the country flag appears OK. It looks like the images are accessed in a different way

Okay with old excel and word docs.

Ah! I have not got to that, yet. I do not know that what is available free but 10 offers seems to be a one month trial before paying. I think that I shall be able to get around that by downloading what I have on memory pin.

Attachments

• w10.PNG
    w10.PNG
    65.2 KB · Views: 262