why oh why

DaveJB

Experienced member
1,159 42
It doesn't,
it's one of those 'sum' things, where if you use smaller glasses you need more of them....

BBB

Experienced member
1,071 3
I believe it could be that the larger glass allows more oxygen to the wine? One reason why wine also tastes better from a magnum.

Anyone remember those dumb stories of people snorting tea spoons of vodka? :eek:

darktone

Veteren member
4,014 1,073
oerrrrr

Big glass theory doenst seem so hot this morning :eek: especially when i got a cubic metre of ballast sitting outside with my name on it :eek:

So straws it is then ;) :LOL:

timsk

Legendary member
7,557 2,336
I think cheap wine tastes better when drunk.
I think cheap wine tastes better when drunk from a large glass.
I think cheap wine tastes better when drunk from a large glass and chilled (for white) or warmed up to at least room temperature (for red).
Tim.

TheBramble

Legendary member
8,395 1,171
BBB said:
I believe it could be that the larger glass allows more oxygen to the wine? One reason why wine also tastes better from a magnum.:

But you have to be quick before it drips out of the chambers...

Presumably followed by a shot of vodka...?

TheBramble

Legendary member
8,395 1,171
I understand that wine is all fragrance and no taste.

So impress your friends at the next opportunity by making that statement and then snorting the entire glass up your nostrils in one authoritative sniff.

BBB

Experienced member
1,071 3
Does anyone remember Thunderbird wine? One from my youth (along with barley 'wine')

DaveJB

Experienced member
1,159 42
Tony,
that is ridiculous enough to produce an extremely amusing image in my mind :)
As I sit here (even now) sipping glasses of Bannrock something or other, Chateau Tesco, I find myself agreeing with Timsk somewhat - wine improves with quantity, some quite dreadful stuff becomes quite palatable just before you fall off the chair.
Barley Wine - ooooh, dreadful muck!

luckylady

7 0
darktone said:
does wine taste soooooooo much better from a large glass ;)

hic hic :) :cool: :eek: :cool: :LOL:

Most good wines benefit to a significant extent from being allowed to breathe before drinking eg 30 seconds. The technque of carefully raising the bottle of wine and slowly tilting it into a large glass is one of the best ways of allowing the wine to open up and release its bouquet and flavour.

Ooops.... must have used too large a glass! Wrong boards! I was looking for some trading advice!

axthree

185 0
I went to buy my usual tipple today but the local chemist won't sell me any more 1 gallon containers of meths. :cry:

darktone

Veteren member
4,014 1,073
BBB said:
Does anyone remember Thunderbird wine? One from my youth (along with barley 'wine')

Yes i remember buying it :) drinking it :) and projecting it towards the pavements of Streatham on the way home :eek: ... The things we do when were plebs :eek: :LOL:

Glad to say at 31 in far more civilised,, well,,, most of the time anyway ;)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock