Knackered and ranting.

Bigbusiness said:
I have friends that live in Ipswich. It is about 365 miles from here and I prefer the M3 to the M4. I think the worst bit is getting to Exeter.

Ryanair do cheap flights from Newquay to Stanstead but the free car park now cost £6 a night. So to park the car costs twice as much as the flight.

Must go now, I am off for a cream tea and pasty breakfast :)

Maybe internal flights will become more widespread and car hire cheaper. Just a dream :D

Now I am off to St.Ives to watch the sea gulls dive bomb unsuspecting ice cream eaters :cheesy:

BBB said:
The best thing (well, one of) about Cambridge imo is the Varsity restaurant. Steaks to die for.... Haven't been their for a few years, but hope it's still there. Near a bridge - one or two bridges down from THE bridge, by the centre.

HAve you guys never heard of Sat Nav - kinda makes women redundant! :)

Joking apart - Cambridge is a great city to wander around. Wifey loves the shops, and one can sit near the river and watch young things on bicycles ride by :cool:

As a long-term Cambridge resident (30yrs....), I have to agree with a lot of the comments. It is a generally nice place to live in - I just fancy a change every so often and I get itchy feet.

(If you dont mind suicidal cyclists, maniac bus drivers, barmy taxi drivers (mostly illegal immigrants I reckon!) and drunken students falling off punts all summer, that is... :cheesy: )

Bramble - Kitchen? Whats that? All I need is a fridge by my trading desk for a few beers, and a phone - pizza, chinese and curry aren't going to find their own way to my front door are they!

Skim - very good point. Thats why I have a daily come round. Very reasonable you know. Only £2 an hour, £2.5 if there's a lot of work and she needs to take her kids out of school. (like getting red wine and Nagasaki sauce out of the carpet). At Christmas I give her a £5 tip. She's saving up for a flight home I think. I just don't know what I will do then. Hope her kids have turned 16 I guess.