Why is it difficult to be consistent ?

I think I'll just stick to Silver and Gold. At least these products have some limits on manipulation and are somewhat grounded in reality.

I'm reminded of a Twilight Zone episode where thieves got away with a lot of gold and escaped to the desert where they buried it and then hibernated for a long time. On reawakening they found themselves short of water. They dragged some of their gold with them and set out for "civilization." Exhausted and near death they finally came across some people who spoke a language somehow familiar, but quite unintelligible. English had changed a lot. Gesturing and holding out all their gold they tried to communicate that they would pay anything for water. The thieves died and one of the people the thieves had come across turned to the other and wondered why they had offered gold. After all gold, was nearly worthless once it was discovered how to manufacture in cheaply.

Just what is intrinsic value anyway?

I'm reminded of a Twilight Zone episode where thieves got away with a lot of gold and escaped to the desert where they buried it and then hibernated for a long time. On reawakening they found themselves short of water. They dragged some of their gold with them and set out for "civilization." Exhausted and near death they finally came across some people who spoke a language somehow familiar, but quite unintelligible. English had changed a lot. Gesturing and holding out all their gold they tried to communicate that they would pay anything for water. The thieves died and one of the people the thieves had come across turned to the other and wondered why they had offered gold. After all gold, was nearly worthless once it was discovered how to manufacture in cheaply.

Just what is intrinsic value anyway?
Howard, if you are betting against precious metals within our lifetime, you will lose hard.
As smart as you think you are, it must be obvious the USD is done.

xxx was nearly worthless once it was discovered how to manufacture in cheaply.

But then, I repeat myself.
Howard it must be exausting always having to be right.
I trace this back to your story about your childhood. You were such an outcast, that even to this day you have so much to prove to yourself and the world.
What you once feared, you have become.
You have flipped from one extreme to the other extreme.

Howard, if you are betting against precious metals within our lifetime, you will lose hard.
As smart as you think you are, it must be obvious the USD is done.

Fwiw I liked Howard's analogy..you appear to have caught the gold bug very late in life and the 'cycle'...Trading it, like any other security, makes perfect sense, however, investing in it is lunacy at the current price IMHO. FYI I stopped buying physical once it breached $1000 per oz. Gold bugs have been predicting $3-5K per ounce since 2005 and despite their continual pathetic viral campaigns it just hasn't worked.

Other metals and rare commods are/have been far better ROI investments, similarly mining stocks for the past 2 years...