Why i think most traders fail? Change your ways. Now.

I think one of these might help

Charlton :LOL:

Attachments

• FTMDELUXE2009.jpg
    FTMDELUXE2009.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 285
You are?? I wasn't aware people were able to just change their screen-names, lol. How confusing...

I agree it is confusing. Previously T2W did have a policy that when a name was changed the old one would appear for a while alongside the new one so we at least knew the name had changed.

Maybe we need a new thread called something like:

"Changed Name Members Noticeboard" :)

Paul

Agree Paul.

If on top of all these going-ons you were away for half a year like me you're left totally clueless as to who is who.

:LOL:

I thought the opening post was good. In fact very good, in that it has some points that I don't expect to see on T2W any more.

Then the mentions of Ziad, plagiarism, Halo Trader, Arabian, killphil, aaron_marlins and Technically Fundamental threw me complete off the track.

Could a kind soul explain what exactly is going on here?

Last edited:
I thought the opening post was good. In fact very good, in that it has some points that I don't expect to see on T2W any more.

Then the mentions of Ziad, plagiarism, Halo Trader, Arabian, killphil, aaron_marlins and Technically Fundamental threw me complete off the track.

Could a kind soul explain what exactly is going on here?
I'm fairly new here but as far as I can see everyone is here for the soap opera style drama between members. Anything to do with trading takes a back seat, and quite rightly, after all trading is damn boring and everything that ever needs to be said is already on the forum.

I'm fairly new here but as far as I can see everyone is here for the soap opera style drama between members. Anything to do with trading takes a back seat, and quite rightly, after all trading is damn boring and everything that ever needs to be said is already on the forum.

Its not that trading is boring... Its that the same losers have been around for years, they think and probably do know 'it all' and therefore you can't give them serious advice because they do know it, but at the same time they cannot profit.
So conversation rather than trading related is random, because the winners don't need to discuss trading as they're doing good and the losers are too bitter to allow anyone to give them advice. Afterall, they know it all!

So rather than try help anyone, we may aswell just accept that their are losers and winners, the losers can keep pretending they are in the same class of understanding and the winners can make witty jokes and mock others.
Afterall, we need someone to profit from and it may as well be the 181,000 users on this forum and as we know, you'll find the most public, retail, spreadbetting traders in the world right here ;)

So its the easiest game you're going to get.

I hope that more soap opera approach was a bit more constructive. Now go back to testing your MACD - Tip; use settings of 11, 43, 9 and go for a high risk:reward ratio.

Oh, remember to use discpline! And if that doesn't work, why not try my new system...
'Even a 12 year old can do it'
'Make £3,000 per hour'
Special secret formulae only the pros and institutional banks know!
Come on up!

Afterall, we need someone to profit from and it may as well be the 181,000 users on this forum and as we know, you'll find the most public, retail, spreadbetting traders in the world right here

95% of the 187K that are losers is 177.6K so any profits gained will have to come from 3,400 traders less than your figure of 181K. Still that is plenty to go around :)

Paul

All very well, but none of that explains anything about Ziad, plagiarism, Halo Trader, Arabian, killphil, aaron_marlins and Technically Fundamental.

So your are Ziad, the original writer of that article?
here is his breif bio:
"I'm a full-time E-mini S&P trader. After graduating from college a few years ago I left Lebanon (my home country) and went to work for a start-up hedge fund trading the US options market out of Kuwait. That job got me very interested in trading and after two years with the fund, I decided to go out on my own and become a trader. So I moved half way across the world back to Canada, where I had lived as a kid, and joined a prop firm. It wasn't long before I realized that if I wanted to do this, I had to do it my way and find my own style. Since then I have been on a personal journey of highs and lows on the way to trading success"

Certainly doesn't sound like you, bearing in mind some of the questions you've asked about prop firms in the past not to mention your location etc..?...

So clearly someone is copying from someone else here, clearly the original post in this thread was written by a guy called Ziad elsewhere before showing up here.

196940562_062b42b435.jpg

Where does one contact the original poster, that guy Ziad ?

Here is an extract from the T2W site guidelines

3. Copyrighted or Trademarked Materials

3.1 It is illegal to post any content that is copyrighted or trademarked, unless you hold the copyright or trademark. Any material protected by copyright may not be posted in the message boards without the express permission of the author or owner of the copyright on that material. This includes reproducing the full text of news stories, articles, etc.
3.2 It is acceptable to provide a link to copyrighted material, to post brief excerpts, or to paraphrase other works, though we do strongly encourage you to cite the original source whenever possible. This is purely to protect T2W and yourself from potential copyright infringement.

If the text in question was copied from Ziad then this should be cited. In any case I think the moderators should look into this matter to determine who is the author and whether plagiarism has occurred.

Charlton

I think that statement is a lie :)

Paul

It's not a lie. It may be incorrect but it's my belief at the moment. Lying in my book is saying one thing while having irrefutable evidence/knowledge to the contrary.

Example

Member X: I'm a successful trader and I know what I'm talking about. Listen to this... *insert generic spiel*.

Newb: Yes I think you know exactly what you're talking about despite my inexperience offering no benchmark or comparison. Thanks for all your help I'll do exactly as you say.

Newb proceeds to lose their money yet continues to believe that trading success will come without hundreds of hours of theoretical research and screen time.
In reality Member X isn't a successful trader and only thinks/wishes that they know what they are talking about.

Ah, it's so good to be back and find the intellectually stimulating debate, reasoned analysis and technically proficient discussions on trading related topics continue as they always have.

Plus ca change....