Why do succesful traders hang around forums?

foroom lluzers

Veteren member
Patience is not simply the ability to wait - it's how we behave while we're waiting.Patience is necessary, and one cannot reap immediately where one has sown.search on google and youtube videos for Trading is a patience game

Succesful traders are patient ,they need to keep their mind occupied (while waiting for entries)with non-trading activities ,killing time is boring , so just post on forum.We are not meant to be doing nothing , our phsyche will attack us for sitting and doing nothing.Forums contributions can stimulate our reward pathways adequately if we are to function well emotionally, mentally and physically.Just posting on forums is can stimulate reward pathways , I achieved something.

The practice of patience toward one another, the overlooking of one another's defects, and the bearing of one another's burdens is the most elementary condition of all human and social activity in the family, in the professions, and in society.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/psychology-risk-money-management/45686-trading-psychology.html

.Why would a succesful trader hang out on forum and be bombarded by advertising?Why would he? He has nothing or not much to learn from it and is likely to be mightily annoyed by the silly posturing of vendors desperately trying to impress their customers or market some gear.

we have to get a certain amount of pleasure and stimulation or rewards from our daily activities and what we put into our bodies. If we don't, then we create a pleasure deficit or what is known as "reward deficiency," and are subject to depression, anxiety and poor performance. Each day we have to stimulate our reward pathways adequately if we are to function well emotionally, mentally and physically.

There is a conflict between patience required to wait for the high probability entry , and our phsyche , we can not be sitting idle doing nothing.High probability trading requires sitting patiently

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/edu...y-trading-system-75-hit-rate.html#post2891164

lulzsec-lulz.jpg

Trading is a patience game

Patience to wait for the entry and patience to wait for profit and patience for the exit.
Here I waitted and waited for entry , for 2 days I did not do any trade.

Here is how patience pays

patience = profit

Attachments

• forum fakes.jpg
    forum fakes.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 304
  • option trade.jpg
    option trade.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 343
Traders are like monkeys , they suffer from the MONKEY BIAS, THEY DO MONKEY BUSINESS ON LIVE ACCOUNTS , if they are idle and bored .They end up overtrading , become impulsive , impatient and sill .So writing on forums helps them avoid getting into trouble , whilst waiting for next trade

Like this?

Humans are very clever and we get clever (WHY NOT DO SOMETHING THAN SITTING BORED?) , when it is not in our interests .When given a highly profitable system , we look for adventerous systems in spare time , because we are smart .We are like monkeys and do monkey business on live accounts .It is called self sabotage.

We are curious and try new things , inventions and do the same in trading.
We get too clever for our own good in trading ,like these monkeys.

Last edited:
Dark Tones don't hang around forums , they are in the universe , only succesful traders hang around here

Attachments

• dt.jpg
    dt.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 343
Traders are like monkeys , they suffer from the MONKEY BIAS, THEY DO MONKEY BUSINESS ON LIVE ACCOUNTS , if they are idle and bored .They end up overtrading , become impulsive , impatient and sill .So writing on forums helps them avoid getting into trouble , whilst waiting for next trade

Like this?

Humans are very clever and we get clever (WHY NOT DO SOMETHING THAN SITTING BORED?) , when it is not in our interests .When given a highly profitable system , we look for adventerous systems in spare time , because we are smart .We are like monkeys and do monkey business on live accounts .It is called self sabotage.

We are curious and try new things , inventions and do the same in trading.
We get too clever for our own good in trading ,like these monkeys.

fair comment above .......as an old mentor of mine taught me

Traders have to be smart enough to design a profitable system, then dumb enough to follow it ....... :smart:

N

They have superior knowledge and they like to give to others .It gives them pleasure.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/educational-resources/223150-most-back-testing-useless.html

Usually they don't fit with the forum crowds , they are at loggerheads.

Originally, a loggerhead was none of these but was used with the meaning of 'a stupid person - a blockhead'. Shakespeare used it that way in Love's Labours Lost, 1588:

"Ah you whoreson logger-head, you were borne to doe me shame."

most good traders have had good mentors ........and if those mentors helped openly when asked then most half decent students give back one day ..........only decent thing to do

most good traders have had good mentors ........and if those mentors helped openly when asked then most half decent students give back one day ..........only decent thing to do

All traders need a ringside coach trading is like boxing , but they need to learn from the highly knowleadgable , because the systems/method is only 20% , for the other 80 % which is psychology.Trading is an emotionally charged game , by having the right strategy and mental preparations, you can reduce emotional trading.

Patience is the edge for any trader , if I don't have patience to wait for the quality trade , I would ruin a good profitable system.

Mental preparations are required ,if trades breaks down , be ready for trade failure and be ready to exit at a loss without revenge trades and emotions.

Oh, darktone. Really. Now, I have asked you before, and you were very very civil last time.

Perhaps you need to go to your room and think about what you've done and how it just might have been a little bit wrong.