Why do so few succeed?

The dangling book

superfly said:
I agree that there are a lot of quality posts burried in this thread, but lately it is getting rather fluffy. ;)

Thanks to all for all the contributions to this thread. Inadvertently, we’re writing a pretty good book on “Why…” but it dangles and also threatens to be exclusive instead of inclusive in lots of places. Hopefully soon, I can create a time slot to read the whole thread in one setting and learn more. For now, instead of staying in here to ‘make you wrong’ and enjoy playing ‘word fight’, - I return to ‘practicing what I preach’ .
“It’s far far easier to defend principles than it is to live them” (source unknown)

Tunnel1x1 and I will be taking a conversation to other channels – more to reduce distraction than for privacy. From my previous postings, you can correctly surmise that the primary emphasis will not be finding new system(s) – even though all the points raised by other posters about his system(s) have validity.

Have a good weekend. zdo

"Legendary violinist Isaac Stern was once confronted by a middle-aged woman after a concert. She gushed, 'Oh, I'd give my life to play like you!'
'Lady', said Stern acidly, 'that I did!'"

Last edited:
Kunal said:
When I saw the thread increased by 10 pages in 24 hrs, I knew exactly what happened and I was right.
My posts have had the intended impact and his posting style has partially changed, so I say it again.

Always read the user nick first. Never go to the trouble of reading posts when you know the user posts only nonsense.
So read the nick, before scrolling over his post.

Socrates told FXSCALPER
>>You imply that people are stupid.

Haven't you implied this consistently over your last 500 posts, and in some cases, almost stated it outright?
Do you really think that newbies here will not perfectly remember how many times you have cut them down, and not hold a massive grudge against you, or not use every opportunity that you provide to hit back as hard as they can?
Except this thread, I can't even dream of going to the trouble to read your posts, because I value my time too much and I can't tolerate the stink of BS.
The more you post, the faster you are exposed.
I read what you post with horrified fascination.

Consider a pet goldfish in a goldfish bowl swimming around in there, in a restricted space, and how the creature is able to percieve the world that surrounds him from his perspective, which is distorted by the refractive effect of the glass.

Now and then food is dropped into the bowl at regular intervals by a human hand.

Can the goldfish have an accurate idea of the world outside in comparison to the owner of the hand that feeds, cleans the bowl and only appears in daylight ?

I think not.

Same thing.

Continuation of the Allegory above....

Now the Goldfish, bless him is very puzzled.

According to his perception, the appearance of The Hand is random.

The Goldfish does not wear a wriswatch.

So the Goldfish is not able to ascertain whether the feeding is part of a timetable or random.

The Goldfish is likely to believe the feeding and cleaning and changing of the water is done by a God or suchlike Abstract Entity.

But now and then, The Hand appears and a finger tickles the Goldfish's tummy gently.

The Goldfish is apt to interpret this as an affectionate act by an external entity very different to him, who is able to act benignly and care for him, by looking over him and varying his diet and ensuring even the water is at the right temperature.

The Goldfish is not able to leave the bowl, and even if he did, could not possibly survive without clean water, nor is he even able to see clearly past the glass of the bowl, you see ?

The Hand, in contrast, can go anywhere and do anything.

The Hand, can choose to drop the food and clean the water or the Hand can choose to do more if the Hand wishes....or deems it appropriate.

This is because the Goldfish is limited by being a Goldfish.

The Hand, which is all the Goldfish is allowed to see, is an extension of some entity much greater and much more powerful than anything the Goldfish can ever aspire to.

Therefore the Goldfish is forced to remain in the glass bowl, imprisoned in a belief structure not all of his making, but that belief structure is and remains and has to remain his own reality.

The Hand by contrast is free, free within a totallly unhindered reality structure.

Also the Hand is free to execercise choice and invade the domain of the Goldfish at will.

For the Goldfish, none of this is possible.

For this reason, the Goldfish is made to remain exactly where he is, because probably also unbeknown to him, The Hand, does not just appear and clean the water and drop food, but The Hand acts as protector of the Goldfish, for the Goldfish's own good and safety.

The Hand ensures as well that the Naughty Cat that lives there is kept away from doing mischief with the bowl the water and the Goldfish in it.

Whereas The Hand is an extension and an expression of all sorts of capabilitie beyond not only the understanding and comprehension of the Goldfish but also what is beyond the Goldfish's wildest dreams the Goldfish is limited and has all the time in the world to contemplate the perimeter of the glass bowl that protects him from what he is prevented from knowing, let alone percieving.

Last edited:
SOCRATES said:

According to his perception, the appearance of the hand is random.

So the Goldfish is not able to ascertain whether the feeding is part of a timetable or random.

The Goldfish is likely to believe the feeding and cleaning and changing of the water is done by a God or suchlike Abstract Entity.

But now and then, the hand appears and a finger tickles the Goldfish's tummy gently.

The Goldfish is apt to interpret this as an affectionate act by an external entity very different to him, who is able to act benignly and care for him, by looking over him and varying his diet and ensuring even the water is at the right temperature.

The Goldfish is not able to leave the bowl, and even if he did, could not possibly survive without clean water.

The Hand, can choose to drop the food and clean the water or the Hand can choose to do more if the Hand wishes....or deems it appropriate.

The Hand, which is all the Goldfish is allowed to see, is an extension of some entity much greater and much more powerful than anything the Goldfish can ever aspire to.

Therefore the Goldfish is forced to remain in the glass bowl, imprisoned in a belief structure not all of his making, but that belief structure is and remains his reality.

The Hand by contrast is free, free within a reality structure.

Also the Hand is free to execercise choice and invade the domain of the Goldfish at will.

For this reason, the Goldfish is made to remain exactly where he is, because probably also unbeknown to him the hand, does not just appear and clean the water and drop food, but the hand acts as protector of the Goldfish, for the Goldfish's own good and safety.

The Hand ensures as well that the Naughty Cat that lives there is kept away from doing mischief with the bowl the water and the Goldfish in it.

wibble

SOCRATES said:

According to his perception, the appearance of The Hand is random.

But now and then, The Hand appears and a finger tickles the Goldfish's tummy gently.

The Goldfish is not able to leave the bowl, and even if he did, could not possibly survive without clean water, nor is he even able to see clearly past the glass of the bowl, you see ?

Therefore the Goldfish is forced to remain in the glass bowl, imprisoned in a belief structure not all of his making, but that belief structure is and remains and has to remain his own reality.

The Hand by contrast is free, free within a totallly unhindered reality structure.

For this reason, the Goldfish is made to remain exactly where he is, because probably also unbeknown to him, The Hand, does not just appear and clean the water and drop food, but The Hand acts as protector of the Goldfish, for the Goldfish's own good and safety.

Whereas The Hand is an extension and an expression of all sorts of capabilitie beyond not only the understanding and comprehension of the Goldfish but also what is beyond the Goldfish's wildest dreams the Goldfish is limited and has all the time in the world to contemplate the perimeter of the glass bowl that protects him from what he is prevented from knowing, let alone percieving.

Goldfish also have very short term memories. As soon as the food hits the water the goldfish will think "where did this "stuff" come from and I wonder what it tastes like?

the blades said:
It is not wibble, Sheffield.

What you do not realise, like the Goldfish doesn't either, is that the The Hand can choose to destroy the Goldfish, either through neglect or as a deliberate act.

But the Goldfish can never destroy The Hand, as The Hand is impervious to neglect from the Goldfish or by the Goldfish doing what he can, which is to swim around in circles and occasionally blow the odd bubble or two or amuse himself swallowing a pebble, only to spit it out later.

May it serve to clear up your confusions.

SOCRATES said:
It is not wibble, Sheffield.

What you do not realise, like the Goldfish doesn't either, is that the The Hand can choose to destroy the Goldfish, either through neglect or as a deliberate act.

But the Goldfish can never destroy The Hand, as The Hand is impervious to neglect from the Goldfish or by the Goldfish doing what he can, which is to swim around in circles and occasionally blow the odd bubble or two or amuse himself swallowing a pebble, only to spit it out later.

May it serve to clear up your confusions.

Soc - do you every consider translating any of this rubbish into English? You could at least make a living on the comedy circuit :LOL:

"There is a very fine line dividing sense from nonsense."

Apparently not all that fine, since Bertie continues to be incapable of making the leap from the latter to the former . . .

the blades said:
Soc - do you every consider translating any of this rubbish into English? You could at least make a living on the comedy circuit :LOL:

Rubbish? I think, that if you understand, you'll apreciate the depth to the posts. As Eric Cantona was also misunderstood by the tabloids...

CityTrader said:
Rubbish? I think, that if you understand, you'll apreciate the depth to the posts. As Eric Cantona was also misunderstood by the tabloids...

I was being a tad unfair. After the depression cause by my football team, I can rely on good old Soc to put the smile back on my face.

However, you are right, I simply don't understand. :idea:

UTB

Since you are totally unable to deal with facts, you really should try to answer my questions as others are reading this thread too, and it may clean up their impression of you.
I have suggested that members do not waste valuable time by reading useless posts, and despite my specifically not mentioning you by name, you have interpreted it to mean you.
Well, if the cap fits, then wear it.
Since everyone else already knows what your posts are, I would think theres no harm in you realizing it too.
The only person who could be offended at the suggestion of scrolling over useless posts, is anyone desperately seeking attention, because he has no life whatsoever.
Do you actually think that those Ericksonian stories work? You're proving exactly what I said, and people's opinion of you is sinking faster than you know.
So, before anyone that used to read your posts has completely dropped them, consider doing what really works.
BTW, fish eat worms, it's the maggot that thrives on BS.

Last week Socs confessed to being a mud beetle ( I think he meant dung beetle ), evolved into a goldfish by the end of the week - is this evolution going on right before our very eyes ? What will he claim to be next week - can't wait to find out.
Nobody has actually had the pleasure of his acquaintance I suppose ??
Great for laughs though. As long as I don't injure myself laughing so much, so be it !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Continued....

And then the Goldfish gets transferred to a new rectangular tank with much more space to swim about in, and this time the sides of the tank are flat.

This allows the Goldfish to have a clearer view of what lies outside The Tank.

This is a new experience for the Goldfish who now is nearer to being part of all that is outside to no avail whatsoever. It is so near and yet so far.

Inside the Tank, the Hand now puts some ceramic things to break the monotony for the Goldfish.

The hand places miniature ceramics of The Bank of England, The Royal Exchange Building, The Statue of Wellington on his Horse, a Red Double Decker, and a pole indicating directions to places with names such as Threadneedle Street, Lombard Street. Bank Station and so on.

The Goldfish believes himself to be at the hub of things, but it is only an illusion.

He is still not able to leave the Tank.

In The Tank he is to remain, and never leave, perpetually condemned to his own perception of his own belief structure and limited by his inabilities.

And so it comes to pass that the Goldfish is the Goldfish and the Hand is the Hand.

This goldfish or dung beetle or whatever it is today also displays selective viewing, hearing, etc ....but in the unlikely event that it inadvertently missed the link posted .....I shall post it again along with a translation of the Latin word on the Dollar bill.

http://www.masoncode.com/The Great Seal.htm

The Dollar bill is clearly Freemasonic- an all seeing eye in a triangle above a Thirteen stepped pyramid, beneath which a scroll proclaims the advent of a "new secular order" one of Freemasonry's long standing dreams.

SOCRATES said:
And then the Goldfish gets transferred to a new rectangular tank with much more space to swim about in, and this time the sides of the tank are flat.

This allows the Goldfish to have a clearer view of what lies outside The Tank.

This is a new experience for the Goldfish who now is nearer to being part of all that is outside to no avail whatsoever. It is so near and yet so far.

Inside the Tank, the Hand now puts some ceramic things to break the monotony for the Goldfish.

The hand places miniature ceramics of The Bank of England, The Royal Exchange Building, The Statue of Wellington on his Horse, a Red Double Decker, and a pole indicating directions to places with names such as Threadneedle Street, Lombard Street. Bank Station and so on.

The Goldfish believes himself to be at the hub of things, but it is only an illusion.

He is still not able to leave the Tank.

In The Tank he is to remain, and never leave, perpetually condemned to his own perception of his own belief structure and limited by his inabilities.

And so it comes to pass that the Goldfish is the Goldfish and the Hand is the Hand.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sod "Deal or no Deal", this is priceless..........

deja-vu.
this thread has been hijacked into a "Journey From the Basement" Part 2.

whats the betting the goldfish transmutes into Alice from Wonderland ?
thankfully, there are posters who see the rich comic value herein.

now, what would the queen of hearts say ?

trendie said:
deja-vu.
this thread has been hijacked into a "Journey From the Basement" Part 2.

whats the betting the goldfish transmutes into Alice from Wonderland ?
thankfully, there are posters who see the rich comic value herein.

now, what would the queen of hearts say ?

Yes indeed, thankfully, there are many of them.