why comfort zone trading will ruin traders?

I do not think a comfort zone can ruin a trader. If the trader is earning within his comfort zone and his strategy is providing him the trend that is working in his favor, there is no harm. Your ultimate goal in trading is to earn at the end of the day. There is no place for emotions in trading, and it hardly matters how you feel while trading. However, it is always a good practice to back-test new strategies and conditions to be ready with your Plan-B. You never know when your comfort zone stops working in this volatile market.
20+ years of retail trading - it's random. The sum of the 'smart' minds produces the equivalent of a drunken moron. I get angry when I know the moron is trying to exhibit intelligent behaviour -all markets are in massive bubbles and the only growth area is debt. I average about 20% p.a. and should do much better.

Comfort zone if is in terms of not making efforts towards learning forex trading, then yes, you cannot expect anything from forex.
There is nothing to learn about forex-either buy or sell based on a wiggly line-that is it. Pure guesswork

What is trading outside of the comfort zone? Taking on more risk? Moving my stops? Trading products I don't understand?

Think I'll stay in my comfort zone thanks and leave emotion at the door!
Exactly, if it pays then why change. Refine if possible maybe but no need to make life uncomfortable

20 years trading and you need that edge of discomfort -I've been listening to relaxation classes before now and lost ££££ from being too chilled. I miss 1/3 of the trades I should take and beat myself up to this day- we're all different though

Exactly! That depends on the trader. if your strategy works for you, with little effort, then why make it complex just to get out of the comfort zone?

I think there is something to be said for having your trading be boring and some may perceive that as trading in your comfort zone. But boring trading is often profitable trading. That being said I think being comfortable generally tends to lead to becoming stagnant in life.

In order to improve your results, it is important to challenge yourself to get out of your comfort zone. Nevertheless, if anything goes wrong, you'll still be able to slip back into your comfort zone but only with practice and after getting a hold of trading. Comfort zones give you the best infrastructure to learn but often ruins the new strategies due to fear of losing in trade.

In my opinion, your comfort zone will never allow you to take risks and without taking risks you can’t think about your growth in trading.

Traders can only execute trades within their comfort zone , despite being given free profitable methods and systems.They will fail to follow a trading plan ,if any factors are out side their comfort zone .

Traders are often paralyzed in executing trades , if there is ,risk of loss of real money , fear of loss , anxiety about outcome of trade , fear of being incorrect about a trade entry or exit , the memory of previous losses , being wrong about a trade or feeling of imperfect trade entry , system trade is against the biases and beliefs of the context of the trade , losing trade instead of being in a winning trade for a temporary period and there are other conflicts between the mindset factors above and the actual trade data.

The systems /method must always fit within their comfort zone , every trader must design his own comfort zone system , within their risk tolerance levels acceptable to their subconscious mind.A person on a wage of £300 a week is unlikely to subconsciously accept a loss of £300 , because it is equivalent to their weekly living income , even though he could earn £2,000 per week from trading.

Each of the above factors that define a comfort zone are a subject in themselves.
There is also free google search with so much unbiased information on trader's comfort zones and discussion videos on comfort zones.Here are a few to start the education on your comfort zone.

https://2ndskiesforex.com/trading-s...termines-successful-forex-trading-psychology/

https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/comfort_zone.html
‘Despite being given free profitable methods and systems’
LMFAO