Who's using 3 Ducks?

Biobob

Recently came across this idea for a setup on Forex [on this very forum] and would be interested to hear from people who are currently using it.

Apart from general feedback, I would appreciate feedback on the following:

1. How often does this system trade?

2. Does anyone have a ratio of winners/losers?

3. What timeframes are people trading this method in? Are most people day trading, or is anyone taking positional trades?

4. Sorry for all the questions, but I'm a noob, so that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!!

Many thanks,

Rob

It's a good start but doesn't give enough signals. You are best off holding a position as long as you can as you're trading in the direction of the trend.

Try it for yourself.

The entry signals you've got to select for yourself. All the 3 ducks does is give trend direction, but that is a great help, in itself, isn't it? I use the idea all the time.

Split

The entry signals you've got to select for yourself. All the 3 ducks does is give trend direction, but that is a great help, in itself, isn't it? I use the idea all the time.

Split

Thanks guys. So you use the 3 ducks as a confirmation? The way it describes itself is that it gives signals for entry.

Thanks guys. So you use the 3 ducks as a confirmation? The way it describes itself is that it gives signals for entry.

Biobob,

Like any sytem it will give good entry signals to get you in for 10, 20 or even 60 to 80 points. It will also give some false signals as with all systems. What it will do is keep you in the correct trend thereby your part of the way there on the trade just knowing your not fighting the trend.
Im currently spreadbetting with IG (small stakes of course) testing parts of various other available sytems on this site in conjunction with the 3 Ducks to aim for 200 to 300 points on a trade.

Get a demo account, there are loads out there and get testing. If you open an account with IG and dont fund it you can still access Prorealtime which is a great platform.

All the best

Ged

yes, the most accurate answers to your question are only available from yourself, as your experiences trading this system will be very different from that of others trading the same system.

but by and large a good way to start, it is a trend following system, so it works extreamly well when the markets are trending. when they are not, I should imagine you would give a lot, if not more than your money back, depending on many factors and circumstances.

however the author does state that it is just a framework and you should use it in conjuction with your own ideas and experiences.

so you should go get some experiences.......