Who's shorting Dow Jones now?

Doomberg

Established member
Looks like a great short trade, especially in 4h... my entries are around 13070 and my stops are at 13105.
May move stops up slightly if need be above the high to about 13130. My limits are at 12650.

Just entered now, Anyone else shorting DJ now?

What's your opinions?

Attachments

• DJI.jpg
    DJI.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 604
Thats a nice big trade you have there Mr Doomberg. Probably the biggest I've seen here for a very long time. It's refreshing to know there are others out there with their heavy balls on the line. If its of any significance last week I closed out all my dow longs.

Your target is the equivalent of most peoples yearly wage.

Looks like a great short trade, especially in 4h... my entries are around 13070 and my stops are at 13105.
May move stops up slightly if need be above the high to about 13130. My limits are at 12650.

Just entered now, Anyone else shorting DJ now?

What's your opinions?

We go to new highs on the year!

Dow cash 13600, then re-asses the situation.

The coming data should give us a chance for better prices than we currently have on offer.

Its official bear hunting season in the US, and I dont mean the cuddly creatures;)

Thats a nice big trade you have there Mr Doomberg. Probably the biggest I've seen here for a very long time. It's refreshing to know there are others out there with their heavy balls on the line. If its of any significance last week I closed out all my dow longs.

Your target is the equivalent of most peoples yearly wage.

Target was £1000+ was only rocking £3 a point but i can see falls of 500 or more points when it breaches 13000 properly. Anyway guys, was an anti climax, it got me in my sleep, the highest it has reached in days was 13109 and my darn stops were at 13105... like i said i was prepared to move it above the highs to about 13130, should of done in the 1st place tbh, we live and we learn.

I still think this is good to short, if it breaks 13000 properly, i'm back in :clap:

Target was £1000+ was only rocking £3 a point but i can see falls of 500 or more points when it breaches 13000 properly. Anyway guys, was an anti climax, it got me in my sleep, the highest it has reached in days was 13109 and my darn stops were at 13105... like i said i was prepared to move it above the highs to about 13130, should of done in the 1st place tbh, we live and we learn.

I still think this is good to short, if it breaks 13000 properly, i'm back in :clap:

Hi Doomberg,

I'm confused about your graph then if you say its only £3pp. On the graph it shows where your target is situated (at 12650) and shows 3 open trades, 2 at 13070 and 1 at 13072 at £14, £14 and £16pp respectively. It also shows you stops at the price you stated at 13105 also for all 3 trades.

Why do you say your only trading £3pp ??

Cheers,
Lee

Maybe them £14's and the £16 is how much he was currently making on each £1 per pip. 3 entries = £3per pip.

So the market was at 13054 so he's making 14pips each on his 2 shorts from 13070 and 16pips from his 13072 entry??

Why... does £3 a point make me the T2W king?

I know that The Hare spreadbets £0.10 a point on Plus500, but there must be some real big players on here?

Maybe them £14's and the £16 is how much he was currently making on each £1 per pip. 3 entries = £3per pip.

So the market was at 13054 so he's making 14pips each on his 2 shorts from 13070 and 16pips from his 13072 entry??

Now I see. Thanks Piggybridges for pointing this out, it had me confused for a while.

Cheers

Ok it's doing what i wanted and expected despite being whiskered out of the initial trade by 4 points as i slept, *note to self.. yes do place stop above the high if not able to watch market* anyway now it's broken 13000 i'm happy with this entry. Target is 12700 with nice tight stops.

Attachments

• Dow Aug 2nd.jpg
    Dow Aug 2nd.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 281
This will do what i'm saying, but the swine just stopped 4 of my positions out that were at 13035... by 0.6 points (n)

I'm off yo get a bottle of whiskey and a prostitute... haha jokes but i'm not prepared to put any more in to this trade

It's just my opinion, it's due to fall back below 13000 soon... and £5 a point is the most i'm prepared to risk at the moment unless i have a real good reason to risk more

I do have one live position still, stop is at 40... lets see what happens with that

Well that's just done quite a few people over, happened in about 2 seconds

Whoooosh up to the top and whoooosh down,

Why would news that is going one way make a 40+ before a -100

Attachments

• Dow 2.jpg
    Dow 2.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 220

to shake out retail traders, markets very fickle on any euro speeches / data release. your Dow trade looks beautiful on a daily t/f pull that bad boy up and it's a beautiful range which has now broken.

Bad luck on your trades there bud, welcome to small time frame trading around the news. Spikes are all the rage.