who should I give my hard earned to?

Value in paper trading?

Personally I dont paper trade, I hate back testing and when i get the nucleus of an idea I think it through based on my experience and real time trade it with small amounts.

This approach isn't for everyone. Paper trading will depend on the individual. If they are not confident or lack experience then it may prove to be an excellent stepping stone before real time trading. I was either arrogant or foolish enough not to start this way and luck was on my side when started out. Thankfully I haven't looked back.

If folks want to paper trade then do so. There is no right or wrong way to learn this career. Some people, like me, jump in feet first and other need to build up their confidence. Whatever path you choose dont be led astray by others not agreeing with YOUR opinions or choices. We are all different.

NB is right, we are all different (in fact if we weren't there would be no market). If paper trading makes you happy and you feel like you get something from it then fine. BBB can't see the point in backtesting whereas to me it is essential. Each to there own and no one should say that somebody else's ideas are wrong if they are merely different to our own.

Ooops, I must be in holiday mode - off to the Algarve for two weeks tomorrow and the only thing I'll be testing is how cold the beer is!

interesting that the professionals have one view of paper trading and the amateurs have another view

ianc said:
-----------------

Hugo's site is on www.2busy2trade.com; i don't know anything about him though; does anyone else?
Very interesting Guys, This being my first post I am searching for references to Hugo Lawrence & his PENTATRADE Scheme. This was offered to me via a publishing firm called Streetwise. The literature seems good , but as a first timer , Is this a good way to enter the arena?
Does anyone out there know about it ? Or better still ,Had any success?

Streetwise? The publishing firm in Rotherham? They sell all sorts of get-rich-quick stuff. Treat with suspicion

Pippppin said:
Streetwise? The publishing firm in Rotherham? They sell all sorts of get-rich-quick stuff. Treat with suspicion
Thanks PIPPPPIN,
It would appear that there are many such schemes out there. This forum however seems to offer quite a lot of good advice & pointers ( & some not so )
Regards Kevin

Thats over 2 years now Sarah since you posed the question. Wish you would come back and tell us how you got on. It could be very beneficial to all the other learner traders. Dont let all the froth about paper trading etc. put you off contributing. Its only words.