Who knows some adaptive systems that can change strategy depending on the market phas

iq200

338 12
tomorton - I agree with you my friend otherwise Ehlers would be a millionaire from his trading! Yet I can guarantee you that he doesn't trade. I've used his algorithms before. The returns from the systems on his site are no better than other methods.
Markets are cyclic (seasonal) in nature which is why people try to apply all sorts of crazy and impressive algorithms.

tomorton

Legendary member
7,458 1,010
tomorton - I agree with you my friend otherwise Ehlers would be a millionaire from his trading! Yet I can guarantee you that he doesn't trade. I've used his algorithms before. The returns from the systems on his site are no better than other methods.
Markets are cyclic (seasonal) in nature which is why people try to apply all sorts of crazy and impressive algorithms.

Thanks Imran, that's a nice and frank reply.

I'm a sceptic when it comes to market phases and "changes".

I am very unconvinced when traders and teachers say things like their system worked on the EUR/USD in 2015 but it didn't work on the EUR/USD in 2016 because the "market had changed". Markets don't change like that. Price changes, but no system should fail because price goes up and down, that's what price does.

Cheers.