Eurostoxx Market Characteristics

Hey guy's, is it just me or has anyone else been struggling with the Eurostoxx morning session this week? Low volatility or Low volume? Thoughts anyone?

Hi JWG

I haven't really had many trades on in the morning lately (yesterday aside). As you said, there has been considerably less volatility which has yielded less signals for me to trade. Yesterday was an exception - I got a signal at 10:30am (Eurozone time), but other than that, I have hardly made any morning trades.

JD

Hi JWG

I haven't really had many trades on in the morning lately (yesterday aside). As you said, there has been considerably less volatility which has yielded less signals for me to trade. Yesterday was an exception - I got a signal at 10:30am (Eurozone time), but other than that, I have hardly made any morning trades.

JD

JD,

Todays got a bit more bite! Double the morning session volume to yesterday so far. Did you catch any of the move from 9:12?

A nice 1 hour 2.43% move...

JWG

JD,

Todays got a bit more bite! Double the morning session volume to yesterday so far. Did you catch any of the move from 9:12?

A nice 1 hour 2.43% move...

JWG

I sold at 9:41, hoping that the market would continue on its way down. Alas, it was a test and I covered for a small profit. I can see the move you mean but I, essentially, sold the continuation of that move further down. For me, it's one of those where the market could have gone nuts and sold off considerably - it just didn't this time round.

Haven't done anything since - the Stoxx is congesting so I'll be looking for a move out of this range one way or the other before I make another trade. Will be more comfortable selling a low break rather than buying the high break of the range.

I sold at 9:41, hoping that the market would continue on its way down. Alas, it was a test and I covered for a small profit. I can see the move you mean but I, essentially, sold the continuation of that move further down. For me, it's one of those where the market could have gone nuts and sold off considerably - it just didn't this time round.

Haven't done anything since - the Stoxx is congesting so I'll be looking for a move out of this range one way or the other before I make another trade. Will be more comfortable selling a low break rather than buying the high break of the range.

Right I agree. Yes I didn't catch all of the move thats for sure. I got in at 9:36 for quick 10 tick profit. However I was looking to scalp short (but never took it) after 9:06 with the volume spike and the struggle to get over 2317. By 9:12 the horse had started bolting and thats when I should have got in. But I didn't... and i'll learn from this. Had a few scalps here and there for the rest of the morning not too much going on. A good morning never the less. Wont be trading Friday. Let me know how you fair.

Cheers
JWG