Which of these software packages do you currently use for Realtime Analysis?

Which of these software packages do you currently use for Realtime Charting Analysis?

• AIQ

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • Linnsoft R/T Investor

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • VSA

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • advancedGET

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • Elwave

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Realtick

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Alphatrade

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CQG

• IRD

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • Metastock

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • Omega Tradestation

Votes: 11 8.2%
  • Updata Trader

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Mybrokers

• Sierra Chart

Votes: 20 14.9%
  • Lycos LiveCharts (inc. Free)

Votes: 14 10.4%
  • Lycos QCharts

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • Other (Please Add to the Poll Thread)

Votes: 30 22.4%
  • None - I don't need Realtime Charting Analysis

Votes: 16 11.9%

• Total voters

Sharky

Staff
A survey to determine what software packages are most in use today. This week looks at Realtime software packages used for charting. If I've missed any out then please add them to this thread!

Cheers,
Sharky.

Hi Barry,

Yeah I wasn't too sure myself about IRD, I know they used to avoid any reference to realtick but since they relaunched it they've been branding it as realtick.

Never come across DirectAccessElite, is it any good?

Sharky

I use market eye for real time hasn't got all the bells and whistles of some, but all I need for futures charts.

Maybe advfn should also be added, as they provide charts as well as L2....

Riz

First of all, as a newbie to this site, can I just say a big "well done" to all involved - very impressive and helpful. Wish I'd found you before!

Looking at the poll results, I see others - like me - prefer to use free services (yes, I know, I'm just a cheapskate - but, hey - this is how I make my living, so if it's free, then count me in!), ie Quote.com. This Lycos facility is pretty good, although unreliable at times.

I was given the following link by a friend and have been using this in tandem:

http://www.nextrend.com/

Free to download and easy to use, it allows trendline projections, different timings, a choice of indicators (from a fairly decent range) - the usual bits and bobs, really - and if you want to go a step further, then subscriptions are also available.

Just checking around the net then Jerry Medved's programme of Quote tracker is rated highly and is not too expensive.
When my sub for Stochcharts runs out I might swap over.

Trading Forex using these softwares:
Aspen Graphics - own formulas Pivots
Fibonacci Trader - Calculations Time & Price.