Which is the easiest market to predict ?

Which is the easiest market to predict ?

• Total voters

tar

Legendary member
Which is the easiest market to predict ? please share your view and thanks in advance ...

there isnt one. individuals may fine some markets eisier than others. for instance im not very strong on FX but i am in s&p500

all markets are absolutely simple and easy to predict.
they will all, at any given time, do one of 3 things - rise, fall or consolidate

it's child's play, it's so easy

tbh if your looking for the easiest market your probably in the wrong game!

I ment easier to predict compared to other markets , and this doesnt mean it is easy to predict ;)

I mean : which is the easiest market to predict for you ? ( if u r a successfull trader ofcourse )

I didnt say easy to predict , i said easiest to predict

sorry tar, didn't mean to be so abrupt in my response., i just happened to be passing through the thread... however, after a bit more thought and while it depends on what type of move you are trying to predict, as far as predicting trends go i for commodities being easiest, if that is possible after what I said earlier.!? Only in that once they get on a trend they seem to stick to it without deviation or major pullback more often than say, equities (others say forex is better still). It don't mean they're especially any easier to trade at all and in my experience it only works on larger timescales. and then only if you spot the trend soon enough and get stuck in. still on the whole anything may happen so best to be ready for it.

Last edited:
Which is the easiest market to predict ? please share your view and thanks in advance ...

Wow, sounded like a simple question.

I find it easier to forecast the S&P500 than others. The tools I like to use to do forecasting work better on some markets than others.
One of the best is the SPX.
RIMM is another
IBM is good
and now PALM;)
Oil and Gold are two that I just started to work on and seem to be having success with.

You know, most people who trade do so with some level of a forecast.
It might be a price pattern, or elliott wave, or Gann, or candles, support and resistance, or Billy Bob's right pinky toe that starts hurtin when grains are starting to go down.
Most all trading is based on some form of the past repeating in the future.

All in MHO:)

Depends on the trader, and their strategy. I think forex, especially the eurusd, intraday, I also like the FTSE 100.