Predict the market with 90% accuracy

"Everything can be described in mathematical terms,remember that." ...given that you have made this statement in such an emphatic manner perhaps you would oblige the rest of us reading it by compounding an 1800% annual return on any capital level you wish...by the time you get to year 5 you will undoubtedly begin to understand why your statements are being basically dismissed.

"Gann kept the secret to himself"

His 'secret' could have been a few lucky trades, and a good PR man. The only maket 'secret' I know of is hard work, observation, discipline, application and experience.

Bigbusiness said:
People pay huge fees for courses today, I don't think that necessarily means they are worth the money. Did Gann ever claim to have made 50 million dollars or is it just the people selling his trading materials? Are you sure about your facts? I found this quote from a search and hope it is correct. Perhaps someone who has the book can confirm it:-

Quote from 'Trading for a Living' by Alexander Elder. p23

"Various opportunists sell 'Gann courses' and 'Gann software'. They claim
that Gann was one of the best traders that ever lived, that he left a $50
million estate, and so on. I interviewed W.D. Gann's son, an analyst for a
Boston bank. He told me that his famous father could not support his family
by trading but earned his living by writing and selling instructional
courses. When W.D. Gann died in the 1950s, his estate, including his house,
was valued at slightly over $100,000. The legend of W.D. Gann, the giant of
trading, is perpetuated by those who sell courses and other paraphernalia
to gullible customers."
How much was he worth when he died ! ? Maybe he was just keener to enjoy himself than most (ps: I would rather be a Gann than a Buffet)

chump said:
"Everything can be described in mathematical terms,remember that." ...given that you have made this statement in such an emphatic manner perhaps you would oblige the rest of us reading it by compounding an 1800% annual return on any capital level you wish...by the time you get to year 5 you will undoubtedly begin to understand why your statements are being basically dismissed.
Hi Chump,
please let me in, I am not as mathematical as you. what is the return on £1,000 for ten years?
thanks
BB

Gann was a 'magic method guru'. Gann certainly contributed alot to technical trading, But he was only human. I totally agree with Tuffty words here. The secret to the market is, there is no secret!

And big business, I was about to write out exactly the same stuff!

We certainly know how to kill a thread!

chump said:
thanks Chump,

the machine you recommended could not the math. clearly 1800% over 10 years is astronomical -

my rough calc is that if i follow the formula for just 5 years i will be turn £1,0000 into almost £2 billion.

Now i am not greedy - so if invest the £1,000, but you do the reading i am prepared to split the profit with you.

Billionaires both of us within 5 years!

How about it Chump? (oh and please dont tell anyone about Gann because it would be a shame if anyone else started using this)

BB

Bund,
It's the formula given on the link you that you should note ... and yes, the point I was making is that the kind of return suggested "1800%" is inescapably a nonsense when you do the simply arithmetic .

I can predict the market with 100% accuracy.

If you ask nicely I'll tell you all.

JonnyT

JonnyT said:
I can predict the market with 100% accuracy.

If you ask nicely I'll tell you all.

JonnyT

So can I. My first prediction is that the Dow will go up, down or sideways today. Seems to be what a lot of the analysts get paid to say every day :)

Tuffty said:
"Gann kept the secret to himself"

His 'secret' could have been a few lucky trades, and a good PR man. The only maket 'secret' I know of is hard work, observation, discipline, application and experience.

or as J Paul Getty put it :

"My formula for success is rise early, work late, and strike oil" !

Its simple.

Buy the Stock Market.

In your lifetime its bound to go higher.

JonnyT

I also like the analogy with WG Grace the ancient cricketer

When you win the toss:

If its sunny bat first
If its overcast bat first
If the wickets green bat first
If the wickets brown bat first

Engalnd won the Ashes doing this, Notts and Warwicks won the County Championship doing this.

JonnyT

JonnyT said:

Engalnd won the Ashes doing this, Notts and Warwicks won the County Championship doing this.

JonnyT

England's achievement was the greater, however, because, unlike Notts and Warwicks, they managed it without a wicketkeeper.

JonnyT said:

When you win the toss:

If its sunny bat first
If its overcast bat first
If the wickets green bat first
If the wickets brown bat first

JonnyT

I did hear recently that WG Grace was never given out LBW, as the umpires were too scared of what he might do to them. Didn't realise he also kidnapped other players until I read this. There is more to cricket than batting first :)

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/osm/story/0,6903,766931,00.html

Bluebelle said:
England's achievement was the greater, however, because, unlike Notts and Warwicks, they managed it without a wicketkeeper.
I agree entirely.

Reads the man but Fletcher/Vaughan must have something against him?

JonnyT

JonnyT said:
I agree entirely.

Reads the man but Fletcher/Vaughan must have something against him?

JonnyT

Yes. And Graveney too for some reason. It's the one thing I dislike about this current set up : it's got a bit cliquey as it did towards then end of Gooch's tenure when he dropped Gower from the Indian tour when he was not only probably England's best batsman for that tour, but also massively popular there and would have added considerably to the gates.

If you look at the batting averages at Test (and County) level of Jones and Read and subtract one from the other, Read would only have to take about 1 in 4 of the stumpings, run outs (one of the most embarassing incidents I have ever seen by a Test player) and catches which Jones has missed, to earn his corn. Jones is a nice guy and a decent county player but, certainly at the moment, woefully inadequate as a Test match wicket keeper.

Imagine what it would be like if he had to keep to Warne !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The current England setup would drop Warne instead of Jones!

I also have no idea why some of the other players are touring. Who on earth is Loudon?

Sidebottom would have given a Left Arm quickie option as a variation to the pace attack. A better player than Anderson IMHO

JonnyT

forget gann...i can do even better. i can predict market turns on almost any stock commodity or currency...takes a lot of time though that's the drawback for 100% accuracy , as i have been blessed with this knowledge i do not intend to pass it on or sell it to anyone for any price...its priceless.

'I;m quite sure that one can't learn gann's secret by reading all the books, because if his method was available and you could earn 1800 in return, everyone would do it. That's evidence that gann kept the secret to himself. '
It isn't visible, so it must secretly exist.... wow, there's logic for you. My heartfelt thanks for this thread, I just love reading illogical dot joining by the terminally optimistic, after all - who is it that puts the money into the market for others to remove?
Gann, whilst evidently a charismatic chap (from a TA standpoint) would appear to have made far more money in the legend than he ever did in real life. A top trader from 1930 trying to use the same tools and tactics today would be slaughtered in short order - your best bet, if using a tried and true method from decades ago, is to hope it's so out of fashion that you can benefit from being slightly out of step with the horde.
Picking winners is almost immaterial, flip a coin to do it - it's how you decide when to exit that counts.
Dave