• New to T2W? Welcome! This forum contains a list of the most frequently asked questions (FAQs) that new members want answers to. We don't allow new threads to be created so if you have an idea for a new FAQ please post it in the How the FAQs work thread.

FAQ Which Books should a Beginner Read?

Introductions, biographies, and psychology books are good but they dont' give you a profitable method or strategy.

After the basic stuff you need to read books that teach you how to develop a profitable system.

Look for this authors:
Robart Pardo
Ernest Chan
Emilio Tomasini
Kevin Davey

... ok... I know that it is all about algo trading but I don't know how to be a profitable manual trader.... :ROFLMAO:

The Consistent Trader: How to Build a Winning Trading System, Master Your Psychology, and Earn Consistent Profits in the Forex Market
Sam Eder

SHORT ANSWER

If there’s a FAQ that’s asked more than any other, then this one must be it! Each title is linked to the T2W Reviews section or to e-retailers where you can read a synopsis of what each book is about. Where a T2W review exists, please indicate whether or not you found it helpful by clicking on the appropriate yes/no button. Additionally, please add your own review of any books that you’ve read!

Most Recommended
These are the books that members recommend time and time again. Please note that none of them are duplicated in the Long Answer (post #2).

Come into my Trading Room and Trading for a Living, both by Dr. Alexander Elder
Good general introduction to the subject of trading.

How I Made $2,000,000 in the Stock Market by Nicolas Darvas
A light and undemanding trading autobiograpghy by a legendary 'retail' trader / investor, which continues to provide insight and inspiration to this day for new traders wanting to replicate his success.

Market Wizards and New Market Wizards, both by Jack D. Schwager
Detailed interviews with some of the world's most successful traders, providing real insight into their market beliefs, strategies and motives.

Mastering the Trade by John F. Carter
John Carter's book is one that gets mentioned repeatedly as one of the few texts that provides real insight into how to trade today's market.

Reminiscences of a Stock Operator by Edwin Lefevre
If there is one book that all traders own, love and recommend without hesitation - it's this one. A timeless and classic text that is essential reading!

Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets by John J. Murphy
Considered by many to be the bible of technical analysis.

The Essentials of Trading by John Forman
An excellent all round introduction to the subject of trading - especially for Forex traders. John is known as 'Rhody Trader' here on T2W and very good at answering questions and helping new members.

Trading in the Zone and The Disciplined Trader, both by Mark Douglas
A commonly held belief amongst many traders is that the obstacle to trading profits isn't the markets or your methodology - it's you! These books are widely regarded as essential reading to help you develop the right mindset to trade successfully.
Nice

To be honest, I find trading books really boring. It is not my style of learning. I prefer watching YouTube videos or reading short articles about particular topics. It is quite helpful for me.
Any good Youtube channels you recommend ?

Thanks a lot for the recommendations.Out of all the books you mentioned, I just finished reading "Mastering the Trade "by John F. Carter and trust me it was totally worth reading.

Trading for a Living" by Dr. Alexander Elder. It is about psychology of trading, risk management, and technical analysis.