Where to begin?

I tried the 1st link, merely out of interest as to the type of tests that come up.

they look very much like the selection tests i took before starting work.

I didn't get above the 130 threshold so am a confirmed dimwit :(

Do you mean to tell us that you have, actually, taken the test to show how bright you are? :D

My wife tells me that I am too clever for my own good and she has, always, proven knowledgeable about me in the past.

High IQ is, surely, not needed to randomly enter and limit one's losses, if wrong.

Maybe not a requirement to enter.....but would one enter knowing one would be wrong?.....is there no right?.....furthermore, what exactly is the purpose anyway.....what are we trying to achieve?
Maybe high IQ is a requirement so one can get the right consistently, you only get paid for being right.....
Maybe there is an order within this chaos which requires a high IQ to crack it?

Maybe not a requirement to enter.....but would one enter knowing one would be wrong?.....is there no right?.....furthermore, what exactly is the purpose anyway.....what are we trying to achieve?
Maybe high IQ is a requirement so one can get the right consistently, you only get paid for being right.....
Maybe there is an order within this chaos which requires a high IQ to crack it?

The twilight zone...

International High IQ society

Mensa Workout | Mensa International

I don't like the Mensa one, it isn't really culture fair.

Don't be discouraged by a low score on your first test. Most people who take IQ tests practice before taking a test. However, as I also discovered, there is an IQ level where no matter how hard you try, you can never beat. This is regarded as your 'true' IQ. It is surprising how consistent it is from test to test.

Where is the link for the IQ test?

Where is the link for the IQ test?

LOL

What's a link.

Score attached.
Bugger the X-factor I'm going straight to The Voice.
Still can't decide if to go long or short on Monday.

Attachments

• IQ.JPG
    IQ.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
LOL

What's a link.

Score attached.
Bugger the X-factor I'm going straight to The Voice.
Still can't decide if to go long or short on Monday.

8 questions and you're a genius or a failure, lol.

I have no idea long or short either. I think I'll do both, because being long and short at the same time is the way to go.

Attachments

• iq.jpg
    iq.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 211
Reactions: tar
8 questions and you're a genius or a failure, lol.

I have no idea long or short either. I think I'll do both, because being long and short at the same time is the way to go.

Stop trading now.

Go straight to number 10, the job is your's.

Oh dear, I'm doomed. Does anyone know of any systems going cheap. I'm going to have to quit trading.

Note: This was taken seriously as well. The funny thing is I actually thought I was doing really well until the last question. It would obviously appear that I got more wrong than I thought.

This test was High IQ Society, I guess they wont be letting me in then. No champers for me.

Actually thinking of it I believe it was a very good score, the score was 102+118 so that equals a score of 212
:smart:

Attachments

• IQ test June 2013.jpg
    IQ test June 2013.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 186
Mine was 167 when I was 17. Mensa (not the postal one, the second one under supervised conditions). My friend's was 172. We did it just out of curiosity, neither of us joined. He went off to Cambridge to do maths shortly afterwards. That 5pt difference was not representative in the intellectual gulf that existed between us - he was a seriously, seriously smart cookie.

My mental acuity feels more like about 67 these days. Nowhere near as sharp as I was then. I put it down to all the fun I had in my 20's and early 30's.

Don't get obsessed with the number 130 because it is the Percentile which is important. I think the High IQ Society test score is 124 = top 5% whereas others are 130 and higher. Like I said earlier, don't be discouraged by your 1st test score. You need to do a few different tests to get a better idea.

In any case, the test is pretty easy right? So easy you wonder how anyone who scores less than 124 thinks they have the intelligence to be a successful trader...c'mon admit it, you know I'm right!

My mental acuity feels more like about 67 these days. Nowhere near as sharp as I was then. I put it down to all the fun I had in my 20's and early 30's.
Before and after: robster as he was when he took his Mensa test and as he is today . . .
Robster before & after.jpg

In any case, the test is pretty easy right? So easy you wonder how anyone who scores less than 124 thinks they have the intelligence to be a successful trader...c'mon admit it, you know I'm right!

No

Mine was 167 when I was 17. Mensa (not the postal one, the second one under supervised conditions). My friend's was 172. We did it just out of curiosity, neither of us joined. He went off to Cambridge to do maths shortly afterwards. That 5pt difference was not representative in the intellectual gulf that existed between us - he was a seriously, seriously smart cookie.

The IQ score needs to be looked at as a Percentile. It isn't 'only' a 5 point difference, the gap is huge when ranked within the general population. You would have to pass by roughly 70,000 people before bumping into another person with your IQ. However, you would have to pass another 220,000 people before you meet someone with the same IQ as your friend! Before you get there you've already met another 3 people with your IQ!

Attachments

• IQscore.PNG
    IQscore.PNG
    38.8 KB · Views: 199
I got the 133-149 range. I seriously think online tests overestimate scores just to massage people's egos...

Not that it matters. People are too widely diversified in experiences and abilities to be defined by these IQ things. We're all smart anyway, it's pretty rare that I meet someone genuinely daft who can't learn anything. You really need to be an outlier to stand out from the pack...

EDIT: Ok, we need some Real Tests For Real Men in here, none of that sissy Mensa crap :devilish::

The Titan Test

Hoeflin IQ Tests

Hoeflin Power Test

That should be more like it. :D

Last edited:
Did the test, thought it was pretty easy tbh.

Attachments

• IQ.png
    IQ.png
    131.5 KB · Views: 230
I got the 133-149 range. I seriously think online tests overestimate scores just to massage people's egos...

Not that it matters. People are too widely diversified in experiences and abilities to be defined by these IQ things. We're all smart anyway, it's pretty rare that I meet someone genuinely daft who can't learn anything. You really need to be an outlier to stand out from the pack...

EDIT: Ok, we need some Real Tests For Real Men in here, none of that sissy Mensa crap :devilish::

The Titan Test

Hoeflin IQ Tests

Hoeflin Power Test

That should be more like it. :D

I don't think so.

Those questions are not IQ tests at all. More like self indulgence to make money.

I'm sorry to say the expression treat it as a dog comes to mind. **** on it and walk away. :cheesy:

I'm afraid I get zero at those as life is simply too short.

You're seriously joking right? Everyone is smart enough to be a Rocket Scientist or a Brain surgeon? Why do you think tests (of any kind) were 'invented' in the first place? Just for the for the fun of it? Besides, this isn't about people who "can't learn anything", it was about people who want to be a trader. Are you saying people of ANY intelligence have what it takes?

I have sat through aptitude tests in the past when applying for a job. These were for trainee positions where they had literally 1000's of applicants applying for a limited number of vacancies. Most of us were still in high school applying for positions the following year.

Do you think companies have the time and resources to go through each and every applicant on a 1-to-1 basis to see if they have the smarts for the job?

What better way to filter out applicants than an IQ/Aptitude test...30-40 in a room at a time?

Let's say you were running a prop-firm and you had 2000 unskilled, unqualified applicants applying for the 1 vacancy you were advertising. You honestly say that each and every one of them has an equal chance of being trained successfully so you would interview them all?

The IQ score needs to be looked at as a Percentile. It isn't 'only' a 5 point difference, the gap is huge when ranked within the general population. You would have to pass by roughly 70,000 people before bumping into another person with your IQ. However, you would have to pass another 220,000 people before you meet someone with the same IQ as your friend! Before you get there you've already met another 3 people with your IQ!

Anyone on t2w definitely has an IQ of less than 130.