Where Should I Put My Savings?

good investments FXX !

Watch the liquidity on those property vehicles ......otherwise they are a great way to ride property without too much lock in .......properties main drawback are liquidity and high entry cost

N

I've maybe said these things before but it wasn't on this thread and I've changed my ideas over time so I put these thoughts out there in case they at least help develop some thoughts -

immediate cash - 1 months' debts (utility bills, council tax, loan repayments): bank current account will do, doesn't need to earn interest, accessibility is key

back-up cash - Premium Bonds

speculation - trading account: must-have feature is ability to profit from assets with falling prices: account should stay at zero until a consistent strategy has been identified and demo traded

investment - two only are worthwhile -
1) your main residence: because you need to live somewhere and the UK rental market is short-term, insecure and poor value
2) blue chip equity shares for dividend income: buy these and never sell: re-invest as much of the dividend income as possible: put the shares in your will for your children (as long as they promise solemnly to do the same)

Never-ever investments -
financial products, classic cars/art/antiques/wine/first editions, crypto, start-ups, bullion, safe havens.

You can invest in the Forex PAMM Account. You can earn a consistent income every month by just watching professional traders trade for you. You can withdraw your amount anytime you wish to or you can also change your fund manager whenever you want. Mostly these fund managers do not take a lot of risk on your capital amount so you need not worry about your capital.

great in theory but poor in practice ......one of my bucket list items is to recruit some real talent to do this ......most of the stuff is overhyped pump
and dump merchants boosting the brokers coffers with extra trades.......they mostly burn out quickly leaving you out of pocket

N

It will be a good idea to invest part of savings in market index, as in long term perspective it will grow. You will get higher returns, than in the bank, and your risks will be lower comparing to buying separate stocks.
You can also look at investing in some ETFs or to compose portfolio consisting of ETFs on several sectors + market index ETF like SPY.