Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

The problem with going to Aberdeen by train is that you have to get past Fife. It is a well known fact that Fife is an open air lunatic asylum.

Still this shake out should allow for some decent longs for the rest of the week.

Positive divergences since the decline at 6.30, will we see a bounce before the end of the day.....

almost inevitable.....

After a 700+ point virtually uninterrupted run up, maybe it was almost inevitable that there would be some degree of retracement before the next move…

It could retrace 50% of the uptrend, and still retain the bullish context imho…

However, it’s c.23.6% down now which could be a support level, so let’s see if any buying kicks in…. :cool:

(edit - TICK & TRIN very flat - slim chance...!)

Attachments

• 07-12-05.gif
    07-12-05.gif
    20.6 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
Slapshot said:
Positive divergences since the decline at 6.30, will we see a bounce before the end of the day.....

Well it took it's time but the PD kicked in eventually :rolleyes:

Not changed my medium term at all Mark and even tomorrows low will not change my stance

Hello Amazonianlatharie
Welcome, what do you mean by recognition of comfort zones? And I dont get how the movement of virtual money has any basis in reality. All the same good luck with it and I hope to talk to you later.

Thought Y'all from states might b able 2 help me with this conundrum I have got myself into.

My roll-over view of late last week was a bit premature but it seems to be happening now.

This may not be the right place to ask this .... but what happens if you are holding a position (long or short), don't realise it is expiry day and the position expires?

justyn,

it depends on the company. cmc will automatically roll over your position, finspreads will close it unless instructed otherwise

Today is only rollover Justyn - expiry is next Friday I think. It just means that all the volume will move over to the March contract, although you'll still see quite a bit on December's too.
Hope this helps, and that you manage to get out ok. ;)
Q

Hi, has anybody logged on to FINSPREADS to trade today ?
If so what do you think about the new JAVA delay ?
Java have just made FINSPREADS site so slow it is now useless for day trading or even Position trading
as by the time you get a price it is now to late
regards to all

justyn said:
Thanks Mark, I use Interactive Brokers - not sure what they would do.

Justyn, on IB TWS click on 'ticker/future rollover' and the software will change the contract for you automatically.

Thanks for the info regarding rollover - I was just wondering to be honest, I don't often hold positions overnight - I daytrade.

Justyn.