Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

Watched the DJ open, made 10 pts and then ducked out early, real pleased with myself I was. There I was with coffee in hand thinking, 'it aint going any further.' How wrong I was!

DJ up 141pts.

Where the hell did that come from! The market certainly is acting very odd. A 141pts rise is not normal at the moment so what pushed it up?

Yours

UK

ukhero said:
Watched the DJ open, made 10 pts and then ducked out early, real pleased with myself I was. There I was with coffee in hand thinking, 'it aint going any further.' How wrong I was!

DJ up 141pts.

Where the hell did that come from! The market certainly is acting very odd. A 141pts rise is not normal at the moment so what pushed it up?

Yours

UK

Heard of PPT? ;)

No - seriously... looks like some heavy duty buying... no idea who... no idea why... but can only say that it looks massively overdone for the day!

Bush in charge of the enquiry into the problems around the hurricane.....

:eek:

Racer said:
Bush in charge of the enquiry into the problems around the hurricane.....

:eek:

yes... it was not very funny coming from him - "response is unacceptable"

what?! - who's response? who's responsible for the response?

ridiculous.

This whole matter is now becoming obscene and I am very concerned that these people have got control over a lot of nuclear weapons.....

ukhero said:

DJ up 141pts.

Yours

UK

The markets never fail to amaze me.

"The perfect storm"

"But we cannot rely on this sanguine interpretation of the situation. High oil prices were already beginning to slow growth around the world and now American production has taken a huge hit. Consumers filling their tanks with petrol at $3 a gallon would have begun cutting back on other purchases anyway. Thanks to Katrina, a million of them have reportedly lost their jobs and will hardly be splashing out at Wal-Mart. And as long as the ports of New Orleans is out of action, it will be hard to move grains and soybeans south, and coal and coffee north, along the Mississippi. Risk Management Solutions, a consultancy, estimates that the economic loss from Hurricane Katrina, one way and another, will top $100 billion."
Rest of article.....
http://www.economist.com/agenda/displayStory.cfm?story_id=4367203

I read an article, a few weeks back, that there was an organisation within America who's soul task it was to prevent a market collapse. Could the DOW's spectacular rise today be attributed to this organisations intervention? World and home happenings did look glum. And so I think it possible. And if so, I do believe it right for a government organisation to intervene and assist the market in what ever way they can if the country, its industries and its people are at risk from a potential depression. No one likes misery.

The downside is, its so damned difficult to predict.

What's the Dow going to do tomorrow guys? ... light chuckle here. What we had today was lunch at the Savoy topped with a bottle of expensive plonk and a ride home in the rolls, but what we should have had was, parked on the seafront eating fish and chips out of a local newspaper waiting for a number 10 bus.

'All things are possible as some things are. Its just that, some things are and some are not. The clever bit is working out which is which and the possibilities are endless.'. - from Modern Confusion, by HePo.

Yours

UK

The Dow rise yesterday was attributed to the big drop in oil..

XOM went up 0.63%

Hmm, now that is interesting..........................

Racer said:
The Dow rise yesterday was attributed to the big drop in oil..

XOM went up 0.63%

Hmm, now that is interesting..........................

It will be interesting to see what the EIA and API figures show on Thursday. Let us now foget last weeks figures were pre hurricane ones. We are still at 65.75. That is still highly inflationary. In fact we have only fallen $5 from our top despite the driving season having finished.

Morning Macbonzo
The motto of the Forex Club" Once a dealer,allways a dealer"
Could you enlighten me
"Once an economist......................................."

dow analysis

ukhero said:
I read an article, a few weeks back, that there was an organisation within America who's soul task it was to prevent a market collapse. Could the DOW's spectacular rise today be attributed to this organisations intervention? World and home happenings did look glum. And so I think it possible. And if so, I do believe it right for a government organisation to intervene and assist the market in what ever way they can if the country, its industries and its people are at risk from a potential depression. No one likes misery.

The downside is, its so damned difficult to predict.

What's the Dow going to do tomorrow guys? ... light chuckle here. What we had today was lunch at the Savoy topped with a bottle of expensive plonk and a ride home in the rolls, but what we should have had was, parked on the seafront eating fish and chips out of a local newspaper waiting for a number 10 bus.

'All things are possible as some things are. Its just that, some things are and some are not. The clever bit is working out which is which and the possibilities are endless.'. - from Modern Confusion, by HePo.

Yours

UK

Hi UKHERO, yesterdays big move up was because the current OIL SUPPLY worry went away,
as to the next move I see 10,633 and then 10,718
this is not trading advice just my view of the Dow
Regards :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Racer said:
If you were refering to my comment earlier, I wasn't being serious.

Yes I was. But I think it's only fair to say there was some element of reality in your comment. I am still learning and will be watching what you guys are thinking aloud. Please keep up the good work.

leovirgo said:
Yes I was. But I think it's only fair to say there was some element of reality in your comment. I am still learning and will be watching what you guys are thinking aloud. Please keep up the good work.

It is when the last bear gives up and the bulls get complacent and not factor in any risk (as they are tending to do now) that the market will turn and bite back

It would appear to me that as far as the US is concerned all is bright
The PRICE of oil is ignored as if it will just go away
What will really bite is when they run out of "GAS"
The whole society is car dependant
Does anyone have accurate idea of
Daily consumption
Reserves
Possible supply
AND WHEN or IF rationing would kick in???

Tropical storm Aphelia???
Off Florida coast may possibly be upgraded to the "H" word
Not expected to enter Gulf though landfall in Georgia expected

Is our understanding of PPT flawed????
Should it be "PEAK protection team" and operating in another market?????

The more I think about REVERSE PPT the more sense it makes
Why manipulate one market only if by changing markets you can affect many others
Conspiracy theorists only please to reply

Any predictions for today, up/ down/ sideways??

Personally I reckon up by close but not by any great percentage, certainly nothing like y'day. Basis for that being continuation is more likely than change, & completely ignoring the fundamentals :)