Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

And as if there is not enough going on 3 London tube stations have been evacuated. Smoke seen around the Oval station.

yup news isnt good...

fingers crossed its just a technical fault.....

i wonder if they will claim a power-surge again...

FetteredChinos said:
gunshots heard at warren street station!

where's the milky bar kid when you need him..?

Really is the perfect storm:

Yuan revaluation, CAT results, Explosions, Rumours.

Guess it is a day to sit on hands and wait.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a valuation for the major indices ? What I am after is an estimate of the amount of money that changes hands on a daily basis in any index in the US markets ?

Any ideas ?

Back comes the resistance at 10650......

NIce for the moment.......

Down day across the board on good volume. Both NYSE and Nasdaq total volume increased over yesterday, though not by much more than 2-3%.
Market internals were very bearish on both markets for most of the day, with a slight uptick during the lunchtime period. When market participants returned from lunch they set about taking us back down.
Both SPX and INDU closed near their lows and the Nasdaq did not fair a lot better. Of all the sectors I watch only Gold and Retail were green on the day.
Todays action would suggest further downside tomorrow and it will be interesting to see how the market reacts during any pullback

Charts

Can you Seniors post your charts each day pls ..as this is very helpful .. thanks

Can you Seniors post your charts each day pls ..as this is very helpful .. thanks

After the session finishes?
Are you talking about the Dow?
You want some analysis on the charts?

at your convenience

user said:
After the session finishes?
Are you talking about the Dow?
You want some analysis on the charts?

After the session finishes? yes
Are you talking about the Dow? yes
You want some analysis on the charts? yes
I use this board for comparison to a few other chartist along with my own. If all in agreement (unusual) then there is no homework. lol But during conflicting info, the next day provides correct answers and a learning experience. I do appreciate all info from the board and have respect for some here, that is why I visit.
Good trading :)

As Requested

Not sure if its what your looking for though.......!?

Hope it helps.......

Good Luck all for Friday's session......

Attachments

• Dow 21-07-05 15 min chart - Analysis.JPG
    Dow 21-07-05 15 min chart - Analysis.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 173
user said:
As Requested

Not sure if its what your looking for though.......!?

Hope it helps.......

Good Luck all for Friday's session......

User

Can you give me the parameters for the chart i.e Is this a five minute chart and is the cash market or the future?

Thanks

Orky

user said:
15min chart Dow Jones. It is a cash chart i.e. the actual price...

User

My sierra chart looks different. My ending price is 10627 not 10615. I have set it to 15mins but there is not the correlation with your posted chart. Any thoughts.

Orky

My sierra chart looks different. My ending price is 10627 not 10615. I have set it to 15mins but there is not the correlation with your posted chart. Any thoughts.

Yes, for some weird reason most of the time CMC - deal4free quote prices that slightly differ from others.......hence the charts show-up differently......

Weird stuff......

Neverthless you can look at the chart in terms of what happened yesterday.......

for next few weeks dow will range between 10630(10575)--10750 imo.
is it a sensible range before we give up the 10574 to the big slide to 9900minimum.between sept-oct.
appreciate all your views

thanks

for next few weeks dow will range between 10630(10575)--10750 imo.

My research tends to corroborate with your views. I also feel we could range trade for a few more weeks but a decline should be underway fairly soon. One which should see us touch 9800 before year end easily.......

On the disscusion boards page.......I scrolled down to the end of the page and I noticed something......

Happy Birthday 'JillyB'

Have a good one! :devilish:

thanks user.

i think every one will be fooled into the market strength and soon we will here the 11000-11300 talk
that is where will be looking to go short. 10750 will cap this move i beleive.
if not then 10850 under test of the broken trend line etc.