Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

Trading Shed said:
I have checked my water...there is nothing in it :)

spike is on FTSE. Sorry

Checked the FTSE - no spike here either. Lowest mine shows for today is 5035. Hmmm....

Joules,

Dow up at 10581 pre open on D4F. News at 8.30am (their time) has sent it soaring. Do you know what this was?

Well CPI down 0.1% with core prices (excluding food and energy) up 0.1%. Hardly a big deal since oil prices were down 2% in May and now they're rising again this month ($55.50 today at 13.30). The fact that this can send futures shooting up 30pts just shows how volatile this market really is.

Dow futures up 32 points at 10620!!! Over 10600. Nasdaq future up 9.5 points at 1547.50
S&P 500 futures up 3.8 at 1213.90 All according to Marketwatch.com.

My 2 key support levels for the Dow today based on recent price action are 10520 and 10460 and resistance at around 10580. Does anyone have any other levels they think are significant?

Nasdaq has gone from UP 0.41% at 2:34PM to DOWN 0.53% at 3:49PM and has the biggest swing from positive to negative out of the Dow the S&P 500 and the Nasdaq.

Dow volume has increased significantlt since 3.30PM when the price hit 10540

Total volume NYSE ahead of yesterdays level by about 11% Nasdaq Volume ahead by about 20%
Internals negative and at the lows on both markets

Sexy SOX appears to have found some support at the upper level of a consolidation period from late March early April

kriesau said:
Well CPI down 0.1% with core prices (excluding food and energy) up 0.1%. Hardly a big deal since oil prices were down 2% in May and now they're rising again this month ($55.50 today at 13.30). The fact that this can send futures shooting up 30pts just shows how volatile this market really is.
Oil now up to $56.50 !

Does anyone know the tickers on advfn.com for the Nasdaq composite index and the S&P500 index. I've tried the search for them on the site but it found loads of different Nasdaq tickers and nothing when I typed S&P500 in.

rrtech said:
Does anyone know the tickers on advfn.com for the Nasdaq composite index and the S&P500 index. I've tried the search for them on the site but it found loads of different Nasdaq tickers and nothing when I typed S&P500 in.

NOt sure for sdvfn but have you tried $COMPQ and $SPX

rrtech said:
Nasdaq = COMPX or IXIC
S & P = SPX or GSPC

Going into lunch Total volume still ahead on the NYSE by about 10% Nasdaq total volume ahead by about 30%
Internals bearish on both markets but not horrible.

For over two hours we have been travelling in a 20 point range.....

A breakout is needed.....

A test of 10450 before the session ends seems likely....