Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

PPI up 0.6% (Core up 0.3%) Market expected 0.4% (0.2%)

Market seems to be taking the figures quite well. Futures not really moved on the figures.

My own feeling is that this may be a consolidation session. My guess is a range between 10178 and 10260ish

Industrial production fell 0.2% in April. At the same time, capacity utilization fell to 79.2% from 79.4%.

The declines in industrial output and capacity were unexpected. Economists were expecting production to rise 0.2% and capacity utilization to remain unchanged to 79.4%.

The sync is in the 12 minute chart, 185 records. Today it reveals everything. Clear as mud it is.

Pat494 said:
According to TH it looks like up depending on the PPI figures

Perhaps the PPI figures weren't good enough - looks like down to me.
Tom Hougaard is usually fairly reliable and a keen supporter of Market Matrix

The sync is in the 12 minute chart, 185 records. Today it reveals everything. Clear as mud it is.

Socs what is it showing you? I don't have access to a 12min chart...I'm using the 15min chart....

Total market volume running about level with yesterdays pace at 11am EST, the stalemate continues.

So far it does seem like something interesting will happen in todays session. But RT the question is which way.... :rolleyes:

I hope JillyB took her well deserved profit while it was offered ?

It still looks southwards

user said:
So far it does seem like something interesting will happen in todays session. But RT the question is which way.... :rolleyes:

True User, and I would love to tell you which way, but alas like all the good people on here I do not know. Internals are in my view biased to the downside at the moment (but low volume makes internals less reliable) a continued lack of volume shows the major players to be uncomitted at the moment, could go either way at the moment,

Most of the bad data was due to energy prices which are already priced into the market and the fact that oil has been falling lately will surely help next months figures. So I think it will close down but not too far and with a possible test of up at some point.

CMC is biased to the upside today.. its amazing how many times they get it right, but somehow today i cant see it..

Now Socrates believes himself to be the "all-seeing eye", do we presume he has ultimate control over the markets?! :rolleyes:

All seeing

Bluewave said:
Now Socrates believes himself to be the "all-seeing eye", do we presume he has ultimate control over the markets?! :rolleyes:
Never presume anything, control over markets? I doubt it, but seeing all that is happening, (probably!!!!!!! No )DEFINITELY! Yes

Bluewave said:

Thats the garbage that he peddles here, including his ludicrous prior assertions that it is all predetermined (by Obi Wan Kenobe presumably !) before it happens. He's a Grand Master at meaningless verbiage.

On the rare occasion that he ventures a specific magesterial comment, like his statements on Friday afternoon that the Dax was capped at 4269 (closed at 4275) and that a rise in the FTSE to 4875 'was not expected' (closed at 4886), he gets it wrong.

The "all-seeing eye" obviously needs a monocle :LOL:

kriesau said:
Thats the garbage that he peddles here, including his ludicrous prior assertions that it is all predetermined (by Obi Wan Kenobe presumably !) before it happens. He's a Grand Master at meaningless verbiage.

On the rare occasion that he ventures a specific magesterial comment, like his statements on Friday afternoon that the Dax was capped at 4269 (closed at 4275) and that a rise in the FTSE to 4875 'was not expected' (closed at 4886), he gets it wrong.

The "all-seeing eye" obviously needs a monocle :LOL:
are you winding him up again. i am really hoping he comes back v.soon.evenings without socco isnot much fun.

haleh said:
are you winding him up again. i am really hoping he comes back v.soon.evenings without socco isnot much fun.
There is life beyond T2W you should try it some time , it might solve the lack of fun problem!"!!

haleh said:
If you find nonsense entertaining then you should go out and try and find some Stanley Unwin records, if any still exist. Alternatively go to http://www.stanleyunwin.co.uk and you might be able to satisfy your withdrawl symptoms there. :)