Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

10120.....!!!!!!.....Not a lot of buying interest on a Friday evening so far - probably waiting to see what next week's PPI/CPI data brings........

Possibly a chance to buy from well sub-10k next week if you're really stuck on buying soon; but we'll all know when the 'concensus' bottom is beginning to form because it'll take off like a rocket as the big boyz dive in and the short stops go off.......

But very likely any 'bottoming' process will go on for some time though with a few false starts after falls of this magnitude, and it'll take a while for the market to recover it's confidence...... :confused:

Shorts rool ok......?........ :cool:

This Dow jones is the same market that was only 20-30points down at one stage near the open.........Look at that baby go.....

I would thought 10200 would have held....

At this rate it'll end at the 2004 lows next week!

user that is where I put my shorts back on and added..
wow, would I have been annoyed if I hadn't!! (Still had a pretty reasonable short left without that anyway)

anybody for 11000? , that was the talk in here a few weeks ago

We even had calls for 12 and 13,000!!!

2004 lows was my call, not there yet but the Dows closer to 9800 then it is to 11,000.

:devilish:

Okay, I will go for 11000, £10,000 a point short please LOL,

Nah, not enough make it 100 grand a point short.. might as well make it a proper trade...

Resistance declining with GE, Citigroup & Pfizer coming down off their highs for the day

damn, damn and double-damn. I got out at 10,202.
missed out ou at least another 80.
anyway, thers always next week.
off to watch "Shaun of the Dead".
see you next week. ;)

anybody for 11000? :cheesy:

To be quite honest, I think that you have to keep an open mind on what this thing can do in a short time....it has a huge range as we've seen recently to the downside; and especially today..

Remember the 'handbrake turn' it did in October; from the 9700 lows to 10850 in 8 weeks, and oil was at $55/b when it started rising.......

When Greenspan announces his retirement, that alone could be worth 1500 points upside..... ;)

I didn't think my 10,000 target would be getting so close this fast.....
Freefall.....

When Greenspan announces his retirement, that alone could be worth 1500 points upside.....

:devilish:

I was just looking at the VIX and 10,000 could give some major support to this baby!
We've just touched 17 and the level of 20 is a major buy so if this market falls to 10000-9975 intraday that may make the VIX move that 3 points which would scream at investors to buy.

Remember the 'handbrake turn' it did in October, from the 9700 lows to 10850 in 8 weeks, and oil was at $55/b when it started rising.......

We remember! So please don't forget what TS is saying........anything can happen in these markets! Sometimes the reactions on the upside and downside can seem stupid!

Remember the 'handbrake turn' it did in October, from the 9700 lows to 10850 in 8 weeks, and oil was at $55/b when it started rising.......

Yes I know... I went long.... :) Closed at 10600 though