Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

Interesting essay Minder, I like this comment:
"The Bush administration’s use of repatriated foreign profits to pump domestic markets shows that they are not going to let "thin ice" signs stifle their version of the economy, at least not without a fight. However, the underlying weakness of the economy because of the twin deficits remains, so basically all that Bush and his Plunge Protection team are doing is moving the "thin ice" sign out onto thinner and thinner ice. The weight of the Bush team will eventually crash through that ice into exceedingly cold water"

Racer said:
US Govt Lowers Economic Growth Estimates For Past 3 Yrs

and inflation is higher than "previously thought" !!

what does it mean today then? DOW down to 10575?

Depends how blind the bulls are.. they might see it as okay cos that was in the past so who cares!
They don't think that the figure of 3.4% compared to last 3.8% might be lowered as well though!

Hmm .... Don't think so... IMHO I would imagine possible low of 10,650 ish today would be possible. On the high side we may reach 10,730 - 10,750, but I think it will then run out of steam.

The first part of my signal is in place - if it closes up tonight - that will be the second part - and the third.....? We shall wait and see... Monday will be an interesting day :cheesy:

Monday will be an interesting day

I want the market to close higher today. I'm looking forward to Monday as I believe it will mark the start of a reversal......

We'll see how it develops though...

Normally when I have posted big posts in the past I have noticed how many interprate the information differently. Thats great!

Rip into the information.......I've simply stated it as I see it.....

VIX........10% decline is good enough for me......if we see the bear market start from here we have got to see the VIX hit our 20+'s in which case we would see more then 10%.......

Hope that helps kriseau.........

I haven't seen such steep declines on the CAC and DAX charts for a long time!

Oh dear, how did we get this high? Where is the ground? :devilish:

Don't worry, the PPT superheroes will come to save you, buy some more while they are less expensive

Last edited:
Racer said:
I haven't seen such steep declines on the CAC and DAX charts for a long time!

Oh dear, how did we get this high? Where is the ground? :devilish:

Don't worry, the PPT superheroes will come to save you

The ground is a long way doooowwwwwnnnnnn........................

P.S. If we see 10,730 today - it would be a nice place to put your sell trades in

Right lads keep up the good work, just a few more minutes to go till the confidence figures, we only rang up very confident people this time just to make sure

rrtech said:
What do you think the close will be? 10700+, 10650 - 10699 0r under 10650?

FWIW I think it will continue to trade negative for most of the day, not breaking below 10675. Then before the close there wil be a push into positive territory. So 10700+.

Nice early action here, market internals moving from net positive to net negative. Total market volume lagging slightly on both markets in the early going. Market attempting to stabalze. TRIN's over 1.0 on both markets