Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

RogueTrader

Could do with your analysis re volume here. Is this a significant test at 10575 ?

Minder said:
RogueTrader

Could do with your analysis re volume here. Is this a significant test at 10575 ?
The 10575 area has been the support level over the past 5 sessions.

Minder said:
RogueTrader

Total market volume levels ahead of yesterdays pace at the moment but nothing blistering, probably merely reflecting increased activity in DD and TXN this morning.
Market internals continue to hold slightly bullish but the trend at the moment is one of deterioration.

roguetrader said:
Total market volume levels ahead of yesterdays pace at the moment but nothing blistering, probably merely reflecting increased activity in DD and TXN this morning.
Market internals continue to hold slightly bullish but the trend at the moment is one of deterioration.

Thanks RT.

Gap fill (to the highs anyway)

Wonder if the selling is over for the moment?

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    195.7 KB · Views: 152
GM which was one of the main reasons for the push up is falling back fast... was up over 4% now 2.87%

I'm getting my shorts in nicely, but I have to admit this is not the last of the rise......We could still reach 10700 by Friday and then it should be all over......

Just a few more days now and then......the declines start......

user,

A mini sell-off during the close - never a good sign (for the bulls i.e)....

Me adding to shorts as well :)

cheers,
karmit

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Boeing Co. (NYSE:BA - News) on Wednesday reported a 7 percent decline in quarterly profit that still beat forecasts, and it raised its outlook for earnings and plane deliveries as demand for its jetliners grows.

Boeing shares were up 1.8 percent in premarket trading on the Inet electronic brokerage system.

The Chicago-based commercial jet maker and defense contractor said second-quarter net income fell to $566 million, or 70 cents a share, from $607 million, or 75 cents a share, a year earlier.

The year-earlier results included gains of 23 cents a share from a tax benefit.

Last edited:
roguetrader said:
Semi-conductors under a bit of pressure pre-market, something to watch on the open.

That's interesting thank you. Will the Dow outperform the Nas today?
Some key levels to watch on S&P, Nas and Dow

DOW looking like a strong start at least, BA earnings seem to have pleased the market, DOW has got plenty of room overhead to outperform without challenging any major levels for me

BA up 2.49% pre-market.
DIA pricing in an early move above 10,600, not always reliable but sufficiant to take notice of.

Racer said:
IBM down 1% and a big weight on Dow
Where did you get that from Racer ?
IBM are currently down 0.32% according to Yahoo.

In the meantime the SOXX is down 2.2% and falling.