Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

25, there is always a last mintue shake out when someone decides they do not have the balls to hold their position.

I don't follow the Dow so it could have already beaten this.

you take your cats for a walk? this i have to see!

Fettered, we have a routine and you are welcome to observe it. Don't worry, it doesn't involve leads, though these are available for the dedicated feline perambulator here. :eek: I walk out the door and, despite my remonstration, they follow comme chiens. Within 15 metres of the door they are of course completely lost, but happy to explore a fresh garden in the hope of discovering a novel species of rodent. I continue my walk for a few minutes and return to retrieve them just before the "Where am I?" mewing starts. All then return to the homestead for a round of toast and offal, respectively.

frugi said:
Fettered, we have a routine and you are welcome to observe it. Don't worry, it doesn't involve leads, though these are available for the dedicated feline perambulator here. :eek: I walk out the door and, despite my remonstaration, they follow comme chiens. Within 15 metres of the door they are of course completely lost, but happy to explore a fresh garden in the hope of discovering a novel species of rodent. I continue my walk for a few minutes and return to retrieve them just before the "Where am I?" mewing starts. All then return to the homestead for a round of toast and offal, respectively.

Yes cats do like going for walks (some of mine come along for at least 1/4 mile).. and I have washed some of my cats, the white one seems to get especially dirty

Thinking of cats... is this one on the Dow still alive or breathing its last? ;)

FetteredChinos said:
well its already 15 Soc, so you had better get back in the Delorean.
Nope, the cash index has fluctuated between 10370 and 10380.5 since 1613 hrs BST.

I make that 10.5 points according to my arithmetic, which may be different to yours.

The time now is exactly 1714hrs BST, and I think that entitles me at least to one third of a biscuit....
icon10.gif

i have no idea. and im thinking of calling the Brain Doctors in for Frugs. all that pink fur seems to be seeping inside his skull.

as long as we dont break 10440 today and invalidate the weekly pattern, im still relatively confident of getting at least 10,220 this week. looks like a 5 week for all you Raschke/Genesis/Taylor followers.

the range between 4pm and 7pm GMT is going to be on the Dow. ie high-low of that period

So the comp started at 17:00 BST when the Dow was around 10376?

FetteredChinos said:
ah balls, i keep forgetting about the time zones..

i meant BST not GMT. curses lol..

Oh so you meant it as in not doing a lot while we wait.. not including the announcement! Hmm, think 50 is rather wild guess then!

would anyone regard the volume figures relevant at the moment??? The reason im saying this is that we are hovering round yesterdays close and low for today, biut there does not seem to be any volume supporting this level..... Therefore a break down would seem highly likely to me???

Racer said:
Oh so you meant it as in not doing a lot while we wait.. not including the announcement! Hmm, think 50 is rather wild guess then!

well you never know.. i think Frugs is closest at the mo.

(OT for when you have a free moment)- anyway, this is where i think the markets are going in the short-ish term...

right, im offski. footie tonight. i expect doom and gloom when i logon tomorrow.

toodle-oo

FC

Attachments

• bad taste.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 62
Bharia,

There is no volume because it is lunchtime before a FOMC meeting. Nobody wants to commit before the announcement, except those to whom it is leaked a few minutes early, of course. Watching time and sales around 19.10 can often give clues to direction, I believe, but my knitting isn't of sufficient quality to do it with any skill.

Still, it has broken down a bit, good call :) There go my biscotti. :(

Hit 30, just another 20 to go..... :)

Sell, sell, sell...........................

which website(s) can be used to see the FOMC statement/ news etc - I mean as instantly as possible?
by the time it comes into yahoo, its historical...

Little bit of pre-Fed positioning I see, probing below recent support.
Market internals showing a slight bearish bias, TRIN's at 1.4 and 1.37 NYSE and Nas respectively.
SOX still trapped under that 200 week sma at 424

Joules MM1 said:
Is it true? Sir Alex Ferguson has written a trading book called Trend it Like Beckham?....sorry
ROFL, So has Katie Price aka Jordan called "Making the most of Asset Bubbles"

Whereas our Alan isn't keen on inbrational exbooberance I hear. Sorry ladies. :)

Wonder if that was buying on leaked announcement with a view to more upside, a push up to load up on shorts or neither? I'm staying well clear now either way...