Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

Racer said:
Oil over 58 now.. and dow futures going up.. those bulls sure are headstrong
Racer - where do you get that price from ?
Bloomberg is quoting oil at $57.11 at 11.50am.

Michigan sentiment out today

This from Beige book:
Seventh District business conditions in April and May were similar to conditions during the previous reporting period; the economy continued to expand at a moderate pace, though activity lagged in Michigan. Consumer spending was again generally subdued,

Oil above $57 and British High Commission closed in Nigeria due to bomb threat yet markets still heading higher.

Racer, you are looking at the August contract($58.10). July expires next week on the 21st. If you spreadbet though their daily price now reflects the forthcoming August contract.

Joules MM1 said:
Not much however if you intra trading then you may want to sit the session out or ensure you allow appropriate money mnanagement for fast small swings. Triple and quads don't govern trend.

Mister Whippy the icecream man will be making a stop in your neighbourhood today.
I suspect today could be a day for caution and a cool head, lest you want it handed to you on a plate :LOL:

Popcorn by name and thinks the DOW will pop up ;)

When you looking for the target to be achieved??

Racer said:
Current Account -$195.1 bln (at new record)
expected -$189.3

And futures don't move a muscle - neither does footsie - clearly somewhat wrong footed the planners eh?

It's pretty clear that there is a steely determination among those that matter, that more upside is to be delivered. Dollar up, oil up, gold up trade deficit hits all time world record - much higher than forecast. Pretty bloody obvious that the DOW will soar too now isn't it? in this through the looking glass world of ours where 'market logic' really is an oxymoron.

Bluewave - 10,625 has to get taken first!

I have no idea when (or if) my target will be achieved! *Hoping* for sometime over the next week/10 days on the basis of a measured move, but will put a stop in at breakeven as early as possible and trail it up if that's how it pans out.

Internals strong but having trouble holding the highs here, though still early

NYSE internals new highs Nas internals lagging

Last edited: