Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

morning all. been quiet this week.

visit to 10720-10710 today and then up for the rest of the week?

Hello Fettered,

I was cowed into nervous silence by holding shorts thro' Friday last week. Still a decent result yesterday (I'm almost even lol). Low volume up day >> tasty reversal.

Think we might go up to 860+ today. Might fill the open gap at 764 first mind. Pinch punch first of the month oh we'd better throw some cash into a mutual fund (near to the top of the market as you can, lovely)

The V bottom yesterday (rare on Dow/ES) was a pretty fierce display of bullishness imho, but will it last?

We've got some confluential Fib cycles an' ting today and on Friday. Eliades 247 day cycle, Bradley, you name it, it's for turning. Bollinger band compressions abound. Symmetrical wedges too. There's a big move coming, but which way? (Where's that interrobang?)

If there's a big move today it may be sustained until Friday. But I know notheeng as usual. Tree what you sade as ever.

agreed, the V spike yesterday was a pain in the arris.

BUT.. i would be nervous about any sort of long at least for the moment as there is stochs, RSI and probably other divergance all over the shop..

fc

That's yesterday's gap filled at 840 on pretty high volume. A lot of supply up here. Hmm ...

added at 10,827.

still got loads of divergance..

move up cant go much further. not with a double top looming...

FetteredChinos said:
added at 10,827.

still got loads of divergance..

move up cant go much further. not with a double top looming...

i closed all my short positions yesterday. i've got terrible feeling that the market is not ready go down at this moment.
waiting for some signals....

I’m being a bit careful with the shorts just now….

Not to say that you won’t get a few points, but I’m noting the ascending (poss bull?) triangles on the Dow/S&P and the Naz has made a higher low coming out of what looks like a double-bottom…..

And if you’re watching GOOG, note the ascending triangle against $190 resistance….

Not that I’m spreading bullish propaganda or anything….. ;)

885 target? Surely not ...

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 204
bull flag does look ominous...

Yeh - the tone of proceedings is plainly bullish just now, but I'd be very surprised if there were a breakout of the 860/875 ish resistance band today....

I suspect the price will hover under resistance pending the NFPayrolls data on Friday, which may be the catalyst for the big move that is anticipated.....

However, Mr Market knows best as always, so don't go against him...... :confused:

885 target? Surely not ...

I think that ultimately it will be a lot higher than that.........

but I'd be very surprised if there were a breakout of the 860/875 ish resistance band today....
Not a bad call yesterday and the same rules seem to be applying today……

However today the price had a brief touch on 875 which is the first time that this has happened since the opening trading session of January 05 which preceded a major tank, but maybe now this is a statement of bullish intent ie:- that a breakout is imminent, and of course we are very close to 11000......

A break into the 11000’s and I would speculate that a test of the all time high at 11,722.98 points would be within reach and possibly an inevitability.....

But all this is bullish stuff, and we must always look at alternatives....

anyone want to remind us of the bearish case…..?

8500 by the end of April…..?!............. ;)

These two charts look a little bearish :)

Attachments

• NYSEnewHighs.gif
    NYSEnewHighs.gif
    76 KB · Views: 212
  • DJIAadvDEC.gif
    DJIAadvDEC.gif
    65.4 KB · Views: 193
pop to 11000 then drop,so why aren't you buying?Do you think I like trading?