Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

I let 80 pts slip to evens, intended exit on the last trade was far to bold, should have been grateful for small gains. Thats the problem, gettin direction and then on top tryin to forcast prolongment, a happy medium is needed. Maybe exiting is a bigger psychological hurdle than entry, you know, dont want to miss out on further gains(greed). And theres me thinking "Greed is good". Whats that thing on channel 4, on monday 9pm about the market crash, looks good?

The Evening Trader

As an aside: Another useful Dow trade for evening traders?
5 min chart.

Attachments

• dowthur.JPG
    dowthur.JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 157
SOCRATES said:
I respectfully suggest to you that you calm down, count to ten and then read all of it again, hopefully this time you will be able to understand it, because all of it is obvious. You cannot complain that I do not tell you everything. Well, nearly everything you can be entrusted with being told, that is.

You really make it up as you go along don't you :!:
Do you really think that your constant stream of drivel agitates me - hardly.

Now be a good chap and drink your Horlicks.
As a nightcap I would suggest a double shot of Hemlock.
I'm told that it goes down well with just a splash of Agosturas Bitters.
Apparantly it's a very good antidote for B/S.

neil said:
As an aside: Another useful Dow trade for evening traders?
5 min chart.

Absolutely, a very nice clean short all the way down from the top, as a consequence of the cap suppressing the price and not allowing it to lift, and then, the inevitable, a splendid price waterfall for the benefit of those who really are in tune with unfolding events instead of persisting in silly argument.

Very Kind Regards to You Sir.

Bloody hell...this thread makes Glasgows roughest boozers seem like Sunday school....its goin off in here tonight!

Maybe exiting is a bigger psychological hurdle than entry

It can be.....experience helps.....

What time-frame do you use? Letting 80points slip to zero on a weekly chart is nothing.....but letting 80 points slip on a 1min chart is not advisable....

kriesau said:
You really make it up as you go along don't you :!:
Do you really think that your constant stream of drivel agitates me - hardly.

Now be a good chap and drink your Horlicks.
As a nightcap I would suggest a double shot of Hemlock.
I'm told that it goes down well with just a splash of Agosturas Bitters.
Apparantly it's a very good antidote for B/S.
I know what must inevitably agitate you, and that is your own problem.

I have given you very good advice but you persist in arguing and being rude.

Being argumentative and disruptive is not the correct conduct for a trader.

I do not make up anything, I deliver the facts, blunt and to the point, in the same way that the markets will deliver to you the verdict you least expect to your detriment and loss unless you learn to behave properly.

Finished the day on +92 and catching the last drops from 10220. What will tomorrow bring? IMHO based on the recent activity on futs out of hours I'd expect to see some consolidation around the 10200-50 region OR if the 200ema continues to flow would could be ready to brace 10150 possibly lower.

I'll be sitting it out tomorrow so good luck to everyone.

SOCRATES said:
I know what must inevitably agitate you, and that is your own problem.

I have given you very good advice but you persist in arguing and being rude.

Being argumentative and disruptive is not the correct conduct for a trader.

I do not make up anything, I deliver the facts, blunt and to the point, in the same way that the markets will deliver to you the verdict you least expect to your detriment and loss unless you learn to behave properly.

Nada, nada, nada - you can't stop can you. You must really be popular in the old folks home !
As for delivering "facts, blunt and to the point" that must be the joke of the year. Your Alzheimers must be playing up again today.
Now drink up your Hemlock like a good chap.

Bigbusiness said:
Do you think that any of this is going to make Socrates change? I think it is better to have a bit of a sense of humour about what is posted here. After all, we all stick to our well worked out trading methods and only look here for a bit of entertainment dont we :?:
This is precisely the idea, to add a bit of humour to an otherwise very serious business.

Additionally, what you may not be aware of, is that it serves to illuminate to other members and guests who's who in the zoo, so to speak, since the spoken word is carried away by the wind,
but the written word remains.

More nonsense is said about all this by individuals who ought to be prudent and keep quiet, as what they write, remains as a testament to their stupidity and ignorance, again to provide endless amusement to the really well informed who see it.

We find it very hard to suppress our giggles in here. <G>.

User, i use longer time frames, i dont day trade. Some of my posts may point towards inexperience, which maybe true? 2 years isnt that long in this buisiness, i do turn a profit though, and i'm happy with my overall method. Sometimes though the stitchin busts and the stuffin comes out, if you know what i mean. Just lately ive probably not give it as much attention as it needs, a serious regroup is needed. Look, nothings ever a problem unless a person lets it become a problem. ANYWAY....you seem to be doin OK, keep it up matey! RB. PS nobody makes all the time, so, tweak the nose of loss and fondle with the breasts of profit?

SOCRATES,

Oh dear, you really are a dim-wit of epic proportions.

The Fed is responsible for the US Dollar and not for making and adusting prices either in the cash market for equities and bonds or in the market for derivatives such as options and futures, wihtout considering commodities.

The FED, controls the SHORT TERM INTEREST RATES, that they set.
This in turn, effects the YIELDS on all the different maturity rates of the Bonds.

They therefore indirectly control the BOND market PRICES, and hence YIELDS which adjust to the interest rates.

The US $, is influenced amongst other things, the buying of DEBT or BONDS from the US Government via US Treasury Paper. So any control, in addition to the printing of cash, is exerted via the Bond market.

The Bond market will also exert it's influence on the stockmarket via Yield differentials, so wrong again.

Really, Joules, you ought not to say these things for the sake of saying them, as they only serve to confuse and muddle the majority, who are the most vulnerable.

Your incessant dribble serves more confusion per word, than anyone else, compounded by your misinformed and incorrect information. Whereas Joules, has an ability to think, and apply a methodology to his perceptions within a fundamental framework, albeit, in a technical format.
Which, will give people a different perspective, and food for thought.

cheers d998

Kriesau, Socs, this has gone on for too long now. Theres only one way to decide this one boys...you know whats commin. Competition time for you two....NO!...no pussying out now, gloves off time, do or die time, may the best man win and all that! You two need a head to head trading battle, specifics, at specific times, heres the rules: Day Trades Only 14.30 to 21.00....Entry between 20.45 and 21.00....Exit anytime the following session up to 20.45....Duration 6 months(only joking) 1 month....No stops( so get it right boys)....One call, one position only/session....may the best man win! That said, im laying socs @ 5/4 on fav....any takers, only jokin seems pretty even at the mo!

No, because he will only follow my lead and copy my trades. He does not deserve any help of any sort until he learns some manners, for starters.

Mmmm, good point Socs, overlooked that one....i'll get back on that one, wouldnt want any underhandedness in all this, fair point!

Yes, I only help people who behave properly, are decent, polite, respectful, honourable, truthful and honest. Those that do not meet these minimum criteria do not get any help of any sort, none.

Kriesau, your corner seems a bit quiet at the moment....any problems....dont turn to jelly now, Socs is up for this one, as long as its fair!