Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

gonna be tedious until NFP's tomorrow.

they are tomorrow arent they? unless there is a bit of a leak and the market positions itself in advance later on today...

It is proving to show as resistance at the moment.....on the other hand the VIX is creeping lower! First thoughts on this attempt is that we haven't got much upside left. Yes we could go through 10400 or even hit 10500 but nothings changed. We are holding out at the highs in the form of consolidation and we could break resistance but I'm not buying yet......

We're seeing a relief rally from 10,000 to 10260 then a breakout and maybe 10500 max.....Overall picture not changed....

Remember the breakout at 10850........the excitment was immense let alone 11,000 we were getting optimistic calls of 12,000 and we got 90 points upside max from the point of breakout to the high close......

Yes we could see higher price action......but I'm skeptical although I was about the only person who was suggesting 10,000 would be a heavy hold along with 10200 area of range....when nearly everyone was ready for 9800.....

Yes volume was better yesterday but nothing too decent.....and don't forget the volume of GM.....It could be that it was short covering....most long term investors may have had stop losses just above 10300........

We could even see a wider range from 10,000 to 10400-500....

Last edited:
Looks like a buy at 10400 for an intra day trade to me, as it goes above ascending triangle.

Or is that too straightforward?

SQ

Or is that too straightforward?

No your perfectly correct......we have a triangle or at least thats what I see on the 15min chart......watch where it breaks and enter accordingly I would say.....seems like a good idea for an intraday trade.........good luck....

Right we have dealt with the triangle.....a move south....and now we also have the representation of resistance at the 10400 circa........

Senyorqueso,

Post 3201, above. As Minder is on ignore he will not be able to see what I am saying to you. Nor I am sure will he mind. 405 was hit shortly after the open and now the price is drifting sideways ~ looks as if the move has temporarily run out of steam but this does not mean (triangles aside) that it is going to plummet either. Now is a time to watch and see what unfolds....as the intent is not clear....

Kind Regards.

user said:
Right we have dealt with the triangle.....a move south....and now we also have the representation of resistance at the 10400 circa........

Very pleased to hear you say that user, thought i'd gone dyslexic for a minute there :eek:

Anyone posting on this thread is breakeven at best (and that's true)

Thanks for your thoughts.....

Moving on.....

FC where have you placed your stop for the short you entered yesterday?

Range trading.....I'm swithcing off for now......

Good Luck guys

Just as I was about to switch off..................

the fun starts :devilish:

...........lovely stuff............ :!:

If anyone is interested at http://www.signalwatch.com/intraday/index.asp you can download a small
window that gives 3 or 4 realtimes commentary updates on the Dow etc through out the session.Nothing brilliant but it does keep you steady while trading and its free.Also there is a video posted below trading
yesterdays Dow its an advert for a seminar but the video is okay.I'm only a part-time trader doing a bit of paper trading and spread betting, aiming to become more consistent before committing more money.I've
enjoyed your chatter last couple of days.Good luck with your trading

http://www.tradethemarkets.com/video/ttm0506.html