Where did everyone go?

Mike,
The rep' system is left in tact in as much as you can still rep' 0007's post and leave a little message saying that you think his post is good - or that you want his babies - or whatever. It's just that this no longer counts towards accumulating green dots and gold stars etc.

Thanks to everyone with their suggestions as to what could - or should - be done to improve things. Keep the ideas coming, we'll find a way that works - eventually.

Pedro01 - are you able to post a link to a site that operates along the lines you mention in your last post please?
Tim.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/805714-post87.html

THIS was my suggestion for al alternat rep system. I still think it's elegant.

FF, Elitetrader, Trade2win, TradersLab, TradersTSD(or whatever), fxfisherman, fxstreet. I know i've missed one.

Exactly, all trading sites are the same and will never change. All that members do is follow opinion/members that suit thier own individual needs and standing, so tags and labels don't add up to sh!t. Ego rules the day.

Take a look at this site, codforum.org.uk

I found this site and wanted to use it as a comparison to this site. Codforum.org.uk is a site for courier drivers, it offers seemingly friendly advice/chat for like minded/employed individuals.

Are traders in general just a bunch of egotistical know-all know-nothing gob sh!tes? Seems that we are boys, and that's why i absolutely need the LULZ on T2W, now where is Arabiannights....?

I found this site and wanted to use it as a comparison to this site. Codforum.org.uk is a site for courier drivers, it offers seemingly friendly advice/chat for like minded/employed individuals.

The difference is that on that site they are all real courier drivers.
On trading boards less than 1% of the members and posters make a living as traders.

I think the idea of segergating unfortunately fails on a few levels, not least because people would outright lie about their experience. A lot.
Wouldn't really experienced people suss them out?
And anyway - who's to say that someone has nothing to offer if they've only been in the market 3 years as opposed to my fifteen. Just cos I was a f*kwit for the first few years of my career (quiet at the back) doesn't mean everyone is ;)

Er...I thought you were previously saying something a bit like that acksherly.
Apologies if I have misconstrued your meaning :)

Mike,
The rep' system is left in tact in as much as you can still rep' 0007's post and leave a little message saying that you think his post is good - or that you want his babies - or whatever. It's just that this no longer counts towards accumulating green dots and gold stars etc.

Thanks to everyone with their suggestions as to what could - or should - be done to improve things. Keep the ideas coming, we'll find a way that works - eventually.

Pedro01 - are you able to post a link to a site that operates along the lines you mention in your last post please?
Tim.

Thanks Tim. I'll just go on record here to say that I don't want his babies. Nothing personal 0007, you understand :)

The difference is that on that site they are all real courier drivers.
On trading boards less than 1% of the members and posters make a living as traders.

There you go you see. You have made a judgment that people who do not make a living as traders are not "real traders". This is the kind of thinking I often see on here that led me to the idea of streaming/segregation.

I am sure there is an equally high number of people on here who are not full-time traders and never want to be but may have, or may eventually have, quite a fair experience of the game, and may make at least a decent secondary income from it, even if they could never live solely from it, or would never want to risk living solely from it.

I would have thought there was easily space for both on T2W, but not necessarily all together.

Have been pondering this issue for quite a while now and have come up with an idea which might need more delibration and discussion.

How about members put up candidates for recognisition backed by solid argument and the moderators advisors choose from the seconded candidate and grant them the honourary status etc.

For e.g
I would say bbmac,
The guy is just brilliant, helps a lot of people, puts in a lot of work and effort explains with patience and never gets annoyed. This guy is a credit to the forum.and deserves honoury status.