Where can I find a good list of stocks to watch for swing trading?

BillSimmons

Where can I find a good list of stocks to watch for swing trading?

Not necessarily ones to trade now, but ones that are commonly swing traded.

Hi Bill,
Welcome to T2W.

Any decent software package will have some sort of facility that lets you filter stocks according to certain fundamental or technical criteria. There's even a fair few free ones around that will provide basic scans - e.g. moving average crossovers, volume increase/decrease and EPS or PEG ratios above/below set amounts etc. Try sifting through the ones listed in the Software Reviews section.

In terms of asking the general membership to recommend specific stocks, I doubt this will help you a great deal - unless you know why they've chosen them and how they intend to trade them. For example, if I suggested adding Google to your watchlist - are you any the wiser?! This is something that you'll have to decide for yourself, as the way other members trade might not be compatible with the way that you trade.
Tim.

Thanks for the link Bill.

Tim, yep, I'm looking for something that filters based on MACD crossovers, and can filter based on market cap, ADX, etc. Also P/E vs. sector & industry.

I quickly checked out the first bunch on the reviews but didn't seen one. Do you know of one offhand that can do that? Free or up to a few hundred a year would be nice.

Last edited:
Bill

From your posts it seems that you are new to trading. At least you have got the right idea not to day trade to begin your career. You can day trade when you make your first million because by that time you would know the mechanics of the markets.

If you are looking for *recommendations of stocks* to buy your stocks then there is no shortage of services out there but that is if you want to lose money in the long run. In order to earn a living or make money you need to learn what swing trading method is. This can only be learnt if you put time and effort to it.

Study chart patterns at http://www.thepatternsite.com

Read and follow good blogs such as http://stockbee.blogspot.com (read all the posts very carefully as this would open your mind about what trading or investing is)

This way when you develop your own methods, you would not need to buy subscriptions or depend on a third party to make decisions for you.

If you do not have time or the will to do any of this, then you are better off putting money into a market index fund.

If you do not want to do that and definitely want some kind of a subscription to offer you stock buying points then I can only recommend Dan Zanger (who is a well known swing trader in the industry). He offers a service at http://www.chartpattern.com

If you lose money you need to know why you lost it and the only way you can do is to study and learn a method of trading or investing.

Good Luck (remember they are no short cuts everyone has to pay a price in this life!)

Isn't fundamental such as P/E more useful for Position trading?

Thanks for the link Bill.

Tim, yep, I'm looking for something that filters based on MACD crossovers, and can filter based on market cap, ADX, etc. Also P/E vs. sector & industry.

I quickly checked out the first bunch on the reviews but didn't seen one. Do you know of one offhand that can do that? Free or up to a few hundred a year would be nice.