When I joined T2W it was a good place to learn.

Technically Fundamental

Now it seems that there isn't much information about. Is this because I've learned as much as I can from the content of the site and have to just carry on learning on my own or because the site is getting sh*tter by the day?

Some good posters have disappeared couple to this it seems to be the same questions over and over so the more experienced get bore answering. Thus the odd good thread sinks into the crap.

;780200 said:
Now it seems that there isn't much information about. Is this because I've learned as much as I can from the content of the site and have to just carry on learning on my own or because the site is getting sh*tter by the day?

I only joined recently so I have no idea how great it was in the "good old days". However, I guess the really good traders simply got bored writing in forums.

For one, all that has to be said has been said. They are no longer beginners and they are not that eager to ask questions and share information anymore. and when they have got efficient enough in trading to move on to other areas in life.

Also, it really annoys you when you are no longer one in the group. In the start, we are all keen beginners, eager to learn new things and help each other. Later, when you get to improve, you find your old forum fellows either drop out or still fool around with different systems and EAs, you just feel like you are an alien to them: They don't understand a word from you, and you just can't direct them in the right direction. As a result, you go.

Finally, perhaps the forum simply got too big, can't be bothered going through all the posts.

;780220 said:
Possibly.

Personally I always think there's more to learn from someone who's been in the game longer than you.

True. That's why you have to show yourself that you are not only eager to learn, but also that you are a sensible person with realistic expectation, so that the old boys can separate you from those big-ego newcomers.

;780220 said:
Possibly.

Personally I always think there's more to learn from someone who's been in the game longer than you.

jesus you've got more faces than a broken rubik's cube.

Do you read posts in the various sub forums? There are plenty of helpful threads from a year ago, 2 years ago etc etc. I bet that if you went over them you would learn a lot more now that your understanding has increased. I'm sure every question has been asked and answered before, you just need to look harder.

On the other hand, I also feel that in this game you can't be spoon fed. You can be shown winning strategies all day long but until you get a real feel for what is going on (which can only be through putting your money on the table) I don't think that you can even start to become successful.

at the end of the day what do good traders actually get out of handing over their system and calls that they sweated blood for?

not everyone has a "system" genics. as i keep saying on here there are many ways to skin a cat.

Do you read posts in the various sub forums? There are plenty of helpful threads from a year ago, 2 years ago etc etc. I bet that if you went over them you would learn a lot more now that your understanding has increased. I'm sure every question has been asked and answered before, you just need to look harder.

On the other hand, I also feel that in this game you can't be spoon fed. You can be shown winning strategies all day long but until you get a real feel for what is going on (which can only be through putting your money on the table) I don't think that you can even start to become successful.

As a newbie myself I completely agree about delving deeper into the past. IMO there is a huge amount of excellent information on this forum - you just have to spend some (a lot of) time looking for it. In my very limited experience all the ingredients to get a solid foundation in learning to trade are here....

and claim you know better

Know better? Why the f do you think I joined this circus lol. I dont claim to know better I just voice my opinion when I think someone is talking sh*t or kidding themselves that they know what they're talking about.

Tell me one occasion when I've said I know better than arabian, gammajammer, dante, elite/nicola or yourself in regards to trading or economics etc?

Last edited: