When I joined T2W it was a good place to learn.

LION63

Established member
746 33
A quick read through this thread answers the original question. Too many insults hurled about; threads going off track etc. Most of the old contributors do not feel they have to put up with this so they just stay away and get on with other things.

One of the things I found distasteful was demo traders or those trading at levels below £1 a point insulting those that were around before 'Big Bang'. That is the same as a kindergarten insulting a senior in school.

elitejets

Established member
943 435
;780200 said:
Now it seems that there isn't much information about. Is this because I've learned as much as I can from the content of the site and have to just carry on learning on my own or because the site is getting sh*tter by the day?
I've got big news ... Your probably always going to be learning, reading, trying to improve.
I'm mentored by a guy older than Mr Soul who was trading when he had to call his broker each day to get the closing prices and plotted his own charts and had to make their own indicators. He is still always learning, trying new things and seeing if he can tweak his game, which is very profitable.
I'm sure that you have not really learned as much as you can from the content on this site. You have to persevere.
Get back to it ...

Reactions: Bloodhound

N Rothschild

Legendary member
5,296 603
tel you what go to a thread where gecko and arabian are tlaking about STIR's this and gilts that and rolls this..i certainly have 0 clue!

dr.blix

2,278 33
this tiring type of nonsense thread is the worst aspect of an otherwise great site.

i sometimes have a look in 'general trading chat' for the sole purpose of reminding myself why i don't bother looking in 'general trading chat'.

candles

Established member
809 152
I've got big news ... Your probably always going to be learning, reading, trying to improve.
I'm mentored by a guy older than Mr Soul who was trading when he had to call his broker each day to get the closing prices and plotted his own charts and had to make their own indicators. He is still always learning, trying new things and seeing if he can tweak his game, which is very profitable.
I'm sure that you have not really learned as much as you can from the content on this site. You have to persevere.
Get back to it ...
About 4 years ago I stumbled upon a free trading chatroom (bit like our chatzy one) and there was a trader in there, I think called 'Vasso' who called out live trades throughout the day and he was simply amazing. Among the very best ive seen (I have a little list of traders ive encountered over the years who I have no doubt as to how good they are due to live calls over an extended period of time etc).
He had been trading for 27 years and he said that he was still trying to learn more.
Depressing in a way, though at the same time comforting for those who have been trying for what they think is a long time and aren't where they feel they should be.

golfer_401

22 6
In keeping with the subject of the thread as stated in the title (and as a newb to this board and trading in general), I have spent the past few weeks sifting through a variety of old threads started by more senior members, dating as far back as 2004, and have found a wealth of valuable and instructive information. However, this process, which is still on going in my case, has required and will continue to require much searching, sifting through the rubbish amid the quality posts and a considerable amount of time. For example, I spent a good 60 hours going through Trader_Dante's Making Money thread and I consider this just barely scracthing the surface of the available information on T2W as I have noted other threads that I must go through.

I would also point out that I have found those members of T2W withwhom I have been in contact to be most agreable and very open to providing assistance and in that regard I would honourably mention Rathcoole_Exile and Trader333.

It is clear by the way certain people post that they are merely trying to extrapolate another, more expereinced trader's method with a view to copying it to the letter. This is the easy way out, the wrong way to go about learning how to trade and ultimately unfair to the trader who has spent the time and effort conceiving and refining their own way of doing things. T2W has much to offer in my opinion but one cannot circumvent the research process, learning on one's own and taking the knowledge acquired and applying it themselves to the market they wish to trade.

arabianights

Legendary member
6,725 1,377
tel you what go to a thread where gecko and arabian are tlaking about STIR's this and gilts that and rolls this..i certainly have 0 clue!
Aye, but that's cause Gecko and myself are respectable gentlemen; indeed today we have been discussing the relative merits of the Tate and the Tate Modern+ (or at least their toilets [or at least what we've been up to in their toilets])

Anyhow, Aaron I've an interesting experiment for you try. Rather than calling Mr. Charts a ******, when in every respect he is a better human being than you, or indeed slurring anyone else, how about replying with a compliment to *everyone* who addresses you. This will have two effects that you desperately need. Firstly, it will encourage folk to warm to you, which will dispose hem to being more helpful toward you in the future. Secondly, if you do enough of this it will make you naturally friendlier - and so later on, with a bit of luck, you won't be rubbing everyone up the wrong way.

Go on, have a go! You can do it! :LOL:

+ **** imo... an hour's easily enough to see it and it's ****ing boring and full of modern art and ginger birds. There are a couple of ****ing hilarious video exhibits although you get looked at oddly even when you're laughing at one that has a tiny **** on 1/3rd of one wall and some ****** trying to pretend to be George Foreman on another third... honestly, makes no sense to me... the food there's good though.

Reactions: Mr. Charts

Technically Fundamental

2,810 178
Aye, but that's cause Gecko and myself are respectable gentlemen; indeed today we have been discussing the relative merits of the Tate and the Tate Modern+ (or at least their toilets [or at least what we've been up to in their toilets])

Anyhow, Aaron I've an interesting experiment for you try. Rather than calling Mr. Charts a ******, when in every respect he is a better human being than you, or indeed slurring anyone else, how about replying with a compliment to *everyone* who addresses you. This will have two effects that you desperately need. Firstly, it will encourage folk to warm to you, which will dispose hem to being more helpful toward you in the future. Secondly, if you do enough of this it will make you naturally friendlier - and so later on, with a bit of luck, you won't be rubbing everyone up the wrong way.

Go on, have a go! You can do it! :LOL:
******** Arabian. You know I'm nice to people.

robster970

Veteren member
4,566 1,389
This place is a good place to learn. There's plenty on the basics and intermediate. There's lots of references to good stuff outside of this forum as well if you can be bothered to look through it. You can PM people and and get useful information from them providing you respect their time and don't expect 'Holy Grail' and 'Shortcuts to Riches' questions to be answered.

What makes this place tedious is that constant trolling that keeps going on. It's just dull and it makes searching for information more difficult.

It's normal for admins to place temporary bans on persistent trollers leading to complete bans if they don't pack it in. Means the quality/humour levels of threads go up and makes it easier for those looking for info to find it instead of having to read 60 pages of horses**t to find 3 valuable posts.

Reactions: foredog