What to trade, what to chart?

oatman,

Will always be the lead month. Just need to be aware of when they switch over. At the moment it's the Dec '03 contract, which, I think, should be FG_ES_200312 in IB (I'm sure someone can correct that if it's wrong).

OK thanks everyone. I'm OK on the contracts expiry etc. I've got ES Globex chart running.

chuff me...

Switch to MyTrack and they immediately have a problem with LSE. Been down all day!!!!! Sorry if I've jinxed it for MyTrack users with switching over ;-).

Might have to try out IQ sooner than I thought.

Paul. Why abandon your strategy if it's working anyway?

I believe you can feed TS from Q-Charts. When I switch over to IQ I'll let you know what the accuracy of the reported volume is like on that as well. Since they have an SDK I would have thought that you would be able to feed TS from that.

This quote vendor issue is swings and roundabouts. For me, I'm happier with a vendor that filters ticks because I know that during fast markets I'll stand a fair chance of every price traded being reported in a timely fashion. As I've said volume doesn't concern me that much.

With a vendor that supplies you with every tick unfiltered there is every chance that during fast markets you start to get a significant lag on the quotes. Futuresource suffers with severe problems on this front. Historically, Q-Charts also used to suffer from it (depending on which server you were lucky enough to get on).

Of course, there is E-Signal and then CQG. My only issue with these is that you get better bang for your buck by buying a basic charting package, supplying it with a basic feed and using a sqawkbox (with the money you save).