What platform to scalp FTSE???

Bullish75

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a platform for scalping ftse? I have a scalping method which i use on fx, i want to try it on ftse but current platform does not allow it.

J.

Ninjatrader with a Zenfire datafeed - you can get it free with a demo account from mirus futures.

Any others? I don't like what i am hearing about Ninja Trader. It doesn't sound to professional

What did you hear, out of interest? You could try Xtrader (Trading Technologies) if you have deep pockets.

Bullish, try Capitalpreads, I have a few different accounts, but use them to trade the ftse, cost is £30per point placed on spreadbetting, spread is only 1 point.

Regards

Bullisish, NP, any problems, query's give me a shout, good luck

Search this site for CapitalSpreads comments. A 1 pip spread isn't everything.

If you use Ninja Trader to trade the FTSE you may have trouble placing orders. I been told they're working on it though. It seems to work ok on CME such as ES,ER2, so on.

Black-Star,

Can't see CS offereing X-Trader - the clients will be less disadvanted. And the client probably wouldn't (couldn't) pay the cost.

Grant.

I'd rather post a comment here than starting a new thread -

Anyways, if the ftse, is looking bullish (like right now...), would you suggest only buying at the valleys, i find thats the best thing to do rather than shorting the peaks. I find used to try to short the peaks in a bullish market - scrape-ing every pip, but more often than not the market moves with the bulls making it easy to only buy, and often losing $$ at the peaks.

Vice-versa in bearish, what do you guys think?
(i'm lacking sleep, so this post might be unclear, or at least not very well constructed).