What is your biggest frustration when trading forex?

[

As a long time experienced Forex trader and educator and most recently for the past 2 years a seller of options premiums, it is amazing how Forex traders and those experimenting and believing in any technical analysis voodoo science, will continue to defend any challenge to their ideological positions as if they were victims of the Stockholm Syndrome.

Before openly criticizing someone intelligence, please open your mind to the possibility you could be wrong.

Actually, i was wrong, because i had just breezed over your reply, but upon further reading it, you are no smarter that fxways. AS i mention in my previous repy to fxway, this is a thread about frustration in trading fx, and all i got was opinions on how i need to learn to trade, so both of you, need to stfu, I am glad i never was edcuated by you. You come over here and i will teach you how to trade forex, It took me about 18 months to get comfortable, but for the past year i make a consistant 30% per week, i have lows of maybe 10 percent on a bad week and sometimes a high where i double my account. Because of the CFTC and sheep like you, I am leaving this country i was born in and moving to HK later this year to set up shop, Yes i will be there as here a full time currency trader, I have made close to 7 figures in the past year, it's not a lot, but a start. DO i know everyting, NO, i have a lot to learn. BUt i do know once i leave this country i can hedge my trades, all trades are listed seperately, i get leverage of 200 :1 , instead of 30:1, I will open an account with a bank and not a broker, I will pay lower taxes and have less regulation. yes you really need to learn about the very thing you claim to TEACH.. you send me a link about anti hedging regulation, what are you,.... retarded.... I know what it si and how to use it; DO YOU..... :rolleyes:
Oh BTW ... currencies didn't work out for you, so now you teach options.. idiot :LOL:

Hi, As a fellow newbie I have found many frustrations, I have been trading a demo account for three weeks and have managed to be 8% up in that time. By far the most difficult thing I have found is the desire to be in a trade (overtrading), I have been resisting the need to jump into the market and wait until I see a good entry point. This coupled with the mental side and getting a good risk reward ratio. I am still struggling with letting my winners run, I find it very difficult not to close a trade when it has gone into profit but still looks as if it will go further. The only way to overcome these challenges is experience and I'm sure I will be sticking to the demo until I can overcome more of these mental challenges.
Hope this will be the first of many posts on my way to being a sucessful trader.:D

[

As a long time experienced Forex trader and educator and most recently for the past 2 years a seller of options premiums, it is amazing how Forex traders and those experimenting and believing in any technical analysis voodoo science, will continue to defend any challenge to their ideological positions as if they were victims of the Stockholm Syndrome.

Before openly criticizing someone intelligence, please open your mind to the possibility you could be wrong.

Actually, i was wrong, because i had just breezed over your reply, but upon further reading it, you are no smarter that fxways. AS i mention in my previous repy to fxway, this is a thread about frustration in trading fx, and all i got was opinions on how i need to learn to trade, so both of you, need to stfu, I am glad i never was edcuated by you. You come over here and i will teach you how to trade forex, It took me about 18 months to get comfortable, but for the past year i make a consistant 30% per week, i have lows of maybe 10 percent on a bad week and sometimes a high where i double my account. Because of the CFTC and sheep like you, I am leaving this country i was born in and moving to HK later this year to set up shop, Yes i will be there as here a full time currency trader, I have made close to 7 figures in the past year, it's not a lot, but a start. DO i know everyting, NO, i have a lot to learn. BUt i do know once i leave this country i can hedge my trades, all trades are listed seperately, i get leverage of 200 :1 , instead of 30:1, I will open an account with a bank and not a broker, I will pay lower taxes and have less regulation. yes you really need to learn about the very thing you claim to TEACH.. you send me a link about anti hedging regulation, what are you,.... retarded.... I know what it si and how to use it; DO YOU..... :rolleyes:
Oh BTW ... currencies didn't work out for you, so now you teach options.. idiot :LOL:

Wow.. As I originally stated, not worth the time, another fanatical brainwashed Forex trader.. . A sad victim of the "Stockholm Syndrome". You are certainly a very angry individual. Must be due to the huge draw down on your Forex account
Good Trading to you George 970..
end of conversation...

Last edited:
Frustrations... here is one!

I just got fished with a EURPLN short position: Dukascopy had a EURPLN spread of 270 pips!!!!
Yes, right 270 pips... unbe-f*n-lievable!
:clap:

Isn't that amazing. As mentioned: Dukas for me is a scam broker. Stay away...

My major frustration is the way the forex market like any commercial market can go into a very long period of low liquidity that tests trader resolve, throws a spanner in the works of back tested systems that you may be using or trialling, and generally makes you question your current approach to the market such that you are tempted to once more laps into the disastrous cycle of system switching.

The last couple of months have been especially slow for the systems I trade, but I'm sticking with them. That's what I've learnt from the time I've been trading, but it doesn't eliminate the feeling of frustration.

Wishing you the best in your trading career :)

Erron