What is Volatility in terms of trading please and other basic questions

Halfbutt

56 0
hi guys great thread, very amusing to read. sorry to jump in , but as im on this thread i thought id ask it here as it is first steps after all.

How do you get those cartoons etc under your name ?
illlet you imagine what one i will put up once i know how to
Half>>>>>>>butt

Les93

1 0
Halfbutt,
Cartoon images:

1.at the top of the page put the cursor on community and click on "My profile" in the dropdown menu

2. Click on "Edit Options"

3. Scroll to the bottom to the heading "Avatar" and click on "Change Avatar"
- select an avatar and the click on submit modifications

there is a means of supplying your own image but there is a large list of ugly ones to select from here

Cheers Les

lita

8 0
To help with your other questions. Sharescope obtains its realtime prices from the exchange, LSE or whichever. CMC is a Market maker in its own right, thus its CFD & Spread betting prices are down to whoever is trading with it at any one time.

Often the prices quoted by CMC or any other Market maker for that matter, closely align the markets, especially on the larger and more heavily traded stocks. However if a stock moves very quickly then the Market maker will often try to anticipate demand and the price moves out of sync. as it were, for a while. In that case it is better to wait for a settling of the price.

One way to overcome this is to use the services of a 'miidle man' such as GNI. It is then possible to occasionally trade within the spread. However this comes at a price. GNI is a commision based company, whereas CMC, using their Deal 4 Free vehicle, is not.

Gordon8

27 0
Lita

Thanks for that! - I am trading end of day so hopefully if I just take the CMC price and allow for that in Omnitrader - hopefully I will be OK.

dsmodi

Established member
509 2
I'm sure someone has edited my post above! Is that allowed? Can a moderator do that? should they not have let me knoe first...!

barjon

Legendary member
10,705 1,809
mmm - was that the bit about Helen?

she really is persona non grata to our moderators? but not an
expletive that warrants deletion?

dsmodi

Established member
509 2
That's the one barjon.....!
I'm glad someone read it at least - and I hadn't even said anything derisory about anyone - just something positive about helen!
The post ammendment only makes a derisory comment about that particualar moderator and I'm sure most of us know who she..oops - I mean , they are....

let's wait to see if this get's ammended....

Finlayson

410 10
OK r Kid...............sorry...Dr

anyhow, u wouldn't want to eat my brains there still growing....not mature enough

jay

dsmodi

Established member
509 2
aha! my post did get ammended - without my consent. Again!

We have a sad moderator on board peeps...

DaxTrader

229 2
Gordon8

One way of looking at volatility is to measure average daily range in a particular stock/index or whatever.
So for example maybe the range would be 100 points on busy days and 50 on quieter, the more movement there is the more possibilities to make money out of it, also lack of dicipline on taking losses has a magnified effect.

Volatility tends to move to extremes and back again, so a period of very low volatility, will be followed by a period of high volatility.

lita

8 0
Back to basics

Gordon8

I am interested in what you said at the beginning of this thread.
I didnt think that Sharescope supported Omnitrader. In otherwords I cant understand how your Omnitrader is working with a Sharescope feed.

I bring this up because I too am interested in the same setup.

Regards

Lita :cheesy:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock