What is more believable 100 pips per week or per month?

shibuyafx

What trading startegy would you think is more credible 100-150 pips per months or 100-150 pips per week?

Do uou avoid systems that claim high returns?

Pips are a completely meaningless metric really.

The risk is far more important than the return, and you cant really look at either in isolation.

Pips mean nothing. If you get your mm wrong you can regularly be up on pips at the end of the week but down on cash (i have been there). But to answer your question both are achievable, question is though are they achievable by you?

Do you mean, a 100 to 150 pips a week precisely, or 100 to 150 pips on average, plus or minus 1000 pips?

But returns is not necessarily the best gauge of credibility. Your focus should also be on the real-time real-money returns and whether these published returns are verifiable or not.

yep

if you could 1000% guarantee one trade generating just 10 pips a YEAR you would still be more profitable than most traders based on the stake you would (theoretically ) be able to place on it :smart:

N

the system I have been looking at claims 100-150 pips profit per month.
Through 2010 the biggest drawdown in any one month was 90 pips and it never recorded a monthly loss
In 2011 - it has had similiar performance.

My main concern is in the weighting of T/P versus S/L - the t/p being smaller than the s/l - can these types of systems sustainable?

the system I have been looking at claims 100-150 pips profit per month.
Through 2010 the biggest drawdown in any one month was 90 pips and it never recorded a monthly loss
In 2011 - it has had similiar performance.

My main concern is in the weighting of T/P versus S/L - the t/p being smaller than the s/l - can these types of systems sustainable?

Well.......Oh-I can't be bothered. Really, I can't:cry: