TOTW What is a reasonable annualised rate of return for trading?

easy just make 5% per month and if this is consistent then it will take care of itself because you can invest more in yourself thats would be the message to take . keep the risk at 2% dont over leverage eg never ever more than 4x and instead of upping leverage just get more positions so the answer to the question in my opinion 5% a month unleveraged is realistic to expect after consistency invest via leveraged but never ever 4-5 x . should make good money i guess

Thanks chocabloc

Almost a month reading about Forex, it seems to me that 5% - 7% a month is good..
The performance chart I see at myfxbook seems more stable and safer within this range or even a bit more...

Still learning... any inputs wellcome

By the way... can anyone tell me the "true" meaning of equity and equity growth?
Still trying to find an answer to the apparent inconsistency in performance of the same system over time

I am here normally 5 days a week trading - as full time from approx 6 30 am to after 5 pm most days

What is your next question ??

Regards

F

Thanks. I hope I am not distracting you.

Please check my 2 posts no 54 and 55 on this thread especially
I have noticed many account or systems performance starting with a great leap over a short period but after that it gets almost flat or grows very little... I assume that trading forex is mainly technical analysis, not fundamental analysis as such, wonder why this great inconsistency in their performance chart? Even big DD does not get repeated...

and
Who are these guys? How to get to them?
15% to 20% monthly would be great!

I am neither a technical nor a fundamental analyst.

I am also "one of those guys"

I believe those two facts to be interlinked.

No mechanical entry system ever 'works' in any meaningful manner. If it did then it would only be a matter of time until said system owned the market.
Beside which entry is the single least important aspect of trading, yet it remains the thing most people focus (almost exclusively) on.

B. (in my guise as irritant)

I am neither a technical nor a fundamental analyst.

I am also "one of those guys"

I believe those two facts to be interlinked.

No mechanical entry system ever 'works' in any meaningful manner. If it did then it would only be a matter of time until said system owned the market.
Beside which entry is the single least important aspect of trading, yet it remains the thing most people focus (almost exclusively) on.

B. (in my guise as irritant)

I can't say all auto traders don't work, I have seen some companies as account managers saying they use automatic trading but not offering the software for sale.
Others offering software for sale makes no sense to me.

Technically I believe automatic trading allows for doing a bigger number of trades and faster, more than a human can handle which may generate greater profits... but still i believe there should be a human monitoring to stop it in case of need.

Thanks. I hope I am not distracting you.

Please check my 2 posts no 54 and 55 on this thread especially

and

I am about 95% technical as I short term intraday

To get high monthly percentage returns- ie 20%+ per month on decent size retail money ie $50 -$200 k its a numbers game

ie RR results over 1 as quick as possible - ie i need 11 pips for RR of 2

So with low risk - under half a percent stake size with 70% + win ratios you can actually even with 5 losses still end up with over 5% return in a day - yes 5% with stakes under half a percent

I can show you many returns - even on my thread of traders getting over 80% success rates on 100 trades - one guy learning my type of trading got over 90% success on approx 200 trades in just over a week on a demo account taking it up from £3k to £100k in that time ( over 3300% increase)

The next week he took a live 1 k account up 27% in the day on about 25 trades with only a couple wrong using very low stake size - and low risk and drawdown

Trouble is you cannot do the same with a multi million pound account

Also its a special skill - takes years normally to acquire and like say riding a unicycle blindfolded whist juggling 10 balls etc - difficult - but all possible

The fact that somewhere between 80 and 90% of all traders lose and give up - proves its not simple or easy

Its complex and takes 1000's of screen hours to become really good

So there are not just 500 traders around on forums who can do what you want

I can - but I am not interested trading other people's monies etc - and at my age - in early 60's I retire soon anyway

All the best

Regards

F

I can't say all auto traders don't work, I have seen some companies as account managers saying they use automatic trading but not offering the software for sale.
Others offering software for sale makes no sense to me.

Technically I believe automatic trading allows for doing a bigger number of trades and faster, more than a human can handle which may generate greater profits... but still i believe there should be a human monitoring to stop it in case of need.

Yes automated trading can work

Spend a few hundred K's or more and you should get a decent system

Might take 6 months or a few years and cost a bomb - but then should be fairly consistent but just a low return

Regards

F

To get high monthly percentage returns- ie 20%+ per month on decent size retail money ie $50 -$200 k its a numbers game

So with low risk - under half a percent stake size with 70% + win ratios you can actually even with 5 losses still end up with over 5% return in a day - yes 5% with stakes under half a percent

I can show you many returns - even on my thread of traders getting over 80% success rates on 100 trades - one guy learning my type of trading got over 90% success on approx 200 trades in just over a week on a demo account taking it up from £3k to £100k in that time ( over 3300% increase)

The next week he took a live 1 k account up 27% in the day on about 25 trades with only a couple wrong using very low stake size - and low risk and drawdown
So there are not just 500 traders around on forums who can do what you want

I can - but I am not interested trading other people's monies etc - and at my age - in early 60's I retire soon anyway

All the best

Regards

F

Thanks Forexmospherian

You just gave me much more hope I can find account managers who might do great.
If I found some account managers to do like 15% to 20% monthly, with some sort of stability or continuity (again... I understand there must be fluctuations and DD, but I look at the general trend) that would be great.

I found some showing incredible results, can you tell me what you think?
Here they are:
http://www.myfxbook.com/members/revtraderpro/rev-trader-pro-real/1043229

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/gridfx

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/gridfx/investor6/1061802

There are a lot more, but still due to my lack of experience I can't decide on any of those with confidence.

By the way, I'm over fifty, and planning for after retirement and hopefully early retirement. So I understand what you are talking about not managing other peoples fund.

Any guidance or advice? I will really highly appreciate it.

Thanks

Thanks Forexmospherian

You just gave me much more hope I can find account managers who might do great.
If I found some account managers to do like 15% to 20% monthly, with some sort of stability or continuity (again... I understand there must be fluctuations and DD, but I look at the general trend) that would be great.

I found some showing incredible results, can you tell me what you think?
Here they are:
http://www.myfxbook.com/members/revtraderpro/rev-trader-pro-real/1043229

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/gridfx

There are a lot more, but still due to my lack of experience I can't decide on any of those with confidence.

By the way, I'm over fifty, and planning for after retirement and hopefully early retirement. So I understand what you are talking about not managing other peoples fund.

Any guidance or advice? I will really highly appreciate it.

Thanks

I will have a look through a few you have linked maybe tomorrow or certainly over the weekend

You need a trader / fund manager with over 5 yrs full time trading experience with ideally over a 1000+ live trades to back up their claims - either over 6 -12 months - or even 3 yrs

Forget looking at just 30 or a 100 trades over 6 month or so - not enough to know how good the method works .

Also you need low drawdowns and not month or weekly consistency - but ideally every day or certainly every 3 days that the account goes up.

Will be extremely difficult to find - because the really good will offer you less than 30% they make on your account with you taking all the risk. So if they did make say 25% per month ( not continually compounding) they might only want to pay you say 5 -10 % max anyway.

I really do wish you luck and please let me know how you get on over next few months etc

Regards

F

Just to add to the leverage point, with the top tier brokers u will rarely get above 50 or 100:1 but if you can get 500:1 you should take it for sure always, reason being is you can trade still based on your 50:1 or 100:1 leverage but you need less of your cash in your brokers account. If you trade typically 50:1 and u are offered 500:1 then you only need to keep 10% of your capital in your brokers account and can have your own personal account with the other 90% that u count as your trading capital also but nice and safe. Maybe a few tops up required etc if u hit a bad run but security of your funds would be nice benefit.

I also agree, it makes sense...

I will have a look through a few you have linked maybe tomorrow or certainly over the weekend

You need a trader / fund manager with over 5 yrs full time trading experience with ideally over a 1000+ live trades to back up their claims - either over 6 -12 months - or even 3 yrs

Forget looking at just 30 or a 100 trades over 6 month or so - not enough to know how good the method works .

Also you need low drawdowns and not month or weekly consistency - but ideally every day or certainly every 3 days that the account goes up.

Will be extremely difficult to find - because the really good will offer you less than 30% they make on your account with you taking all the risk. So if they did make say 25% per month ( not continually compounding) they might only want to pay you say 5 -10 % max anyway.

I really do wish you luck and please let me know how you get on over next few months etc

Regards

F

I will see how it goes. I am just very busy these days, hopefully will be starting actually by December.
For now I have 2 account managers, they seem very safe and conservative, one making 40% annually, the other for binary options doing 100% annually. This is of course very little but for now they seem to be trustable and safe.

I am still looking for others who can do much more as I am looking to:
1- Diversify my investment with different account managers and brokers for risk
2- Find a very high yielding account manager (even 100% monthly) with a bit higher risk for a small amount to continually crop profits and direct it to the safer investment

Thanks for your valuable support.

P.S. I tried to PM you, still hope we can get in touch.please email me

depends on amount of trades being placed in any period...a 5min TF trader can theoretically return a lot more in a month than a day trader.............