TOTW Is it better to trade with or against the trend?

Of course, and just for the sake of completeness, we should include that select group of traders very adept at fast thinking outside the box who believe they have an edge being simultaneously long and short the same instrument at the same time.

They manage to combine the, umm, uncombinable, following the trend and being countertrend at the same time.

:eek:

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Of course, and just for the sake of completeness, we should include that select group of traders very adept at fast thinking outside the box who believe they have an edge being simultaneously long and short the same instrument at the same time.

They manage to combine the, umm, uncombinable, following the trend and being countertrend at the same time.

Agreed!
:cheesy: Opening of two positions in opposite directions = giving free money to your broker with no risk of profiting from it. :clap:(y) You better give it to some poor guy on the street or something =)

Reactions: BSD

:

I am an expert at micro scalping, and Incremental trading methods. You can google up my handle and find information. These "intra instrument hedgers" are so sadly mistaken in what they are doing. Position modulation is controlling the level of exposure to the market. This intra-instrument opposite "hedging" is just closure of a portion of the position. And, clearly, transactions cost commission, etc. I use multiple transactions, but I always do so with price advantage which pays for the commissions and, although I do "modulate" my exposure, this is not done by taking "long" and "short" positions in the same currency pair. Position exposure modulation is good, but it must be done in a more intelligent manner. So much to teach, so little time ! :)

HyperScalper

Reactions: BSD

Hello BSD

Yet again - you are wrong

It is possible to make 85 pips or more out of say a 70 pip fall in a currency pair and of course make money trading both ways

For example many days I will take a scalp sell with a 5 pip stops and after say 10 -30 mins will exit 70% of the stake size and leave 30% on and move the stops into say 1 or 2 pips of profit.

What ever happens then - I cannot lose on the 30% stake - it might only make me say 2 pips or it might make be 200 pips over the next day or so

So lets say 3 hrs into the session the 30% sell as not seen price fall 60 pips

I am still in the trade - but because now a good interim support and time say a pullback might happen - I scalp buy with 100% stake

I leave 30% on the sell still - and I have 100% on the scalp buy as I dont think it will pullback up over say 30 pips

After another 30 mins price as pulled back approximately 24 pips and I exit the scalp buy but stay with the sell at 30% take

While the pull back was going on - I gained 100% stake size on 24 pips but lost 30% on the sell - so like s 70% gain on 24 pips

After another hour price drops again and at the end of my session I decide to exit the 30% take at say 72 pips.

But during that move - I have profited both from a sell and a buy - and if wanted to could have both pyramided and peeled as well in between - the option are vast if you are only majoring on one pair

However by not having to babysit 30% stake trades - you can end up trading say 4 -6 pairs simultaneously - but without extra additional exposure - as all trades will end up winners - whether just for a few pips - or for if lucky big pips

Trading to make money is hardly simple or easy - but it can be if you just want normal low gains

Regards

F

(y)
look forward to your thoughts.
We're Lucky to have an expert join us here on t2w.

<modesty_alert>
Hey, there is too much "cynicism" on forums like these, and a high
level of ridiculous claims of how "easy" it is to make consistent
profits. Real traders know that real trading doesn't yield these
fake "exponential" account growth curves which are often posted.
My advice is if you see someone whose opinion you value, then
private message them and have an in-depth conversation with that
trader. I make no claims of having "the holy grail", but I do exploit
my trading niche as efficiently as possible. ONE MORE THING, is that
the really good traders mostly keep their mouths shut... :)
</modesty_alert>

Last edited:
I am an expert at micro scalping, and Incremental trading methods. You can google up my handle and find information. These "intra instrument hedgers" are so sadly mistaken in what they are doing. Position modulation is controlling the level of exposure to the market. This intra-instrument opposite "hedging" is just closure of a portion of the position. And, clearly, transactions cost commission, etc. I use multiple transactions, but I always do so with price advantage which pays for the commissions and, although I do "modulate" my exposure, this is not done by taking "long" and "short" positions in the same currency pair. Position exposure modulation is good, but it must be done in a more intelligent manner. So much to teach, so little time ! :)

HyperScalper

Hi HS

Its great to have another expert on this Forum - but surely you gave yourself away when you said something like I am like us all and still wanting to improve my ways etc etc - ( would need to find your exact comment again )

For me micro scalping as you called it would be say 0 3 to say 2 pips - not 2 pip to 10 pips - that more short term intraday and you dont need charts under 60 seconds ( TICK charts as i still call them ) but even a simple one min chart can get you them with the correct amount of knowledge.

Please tell me - how long have you been trading and how many live scalps have you made ??

That's always the first clues of finding out how good you might be at price structure and price action

Next questions - how large are your stops - and on average what number of scalps do you take per day or per your session and whats your win ratios per batches of 100 trades ?

Those are next clues

Finally who were your original mentors or experienced traders of the past ( but after the year 1999 - who assisted you on your journey ?

Dont worry you dont have to provide any doctored statement saying you make $1k or 10k per day - just the normal questions and answers build up the picture etc

Good Trading to you and look forward to doing some live call trades with you in the new year

Regards

F

Love to know theses answers

Hi HS

Its great to have another expert on this Forum - but surely you gave yourself away when you said something like I am like us all and still wanting to improve my ways etc etc - ( would need to find your exact comment again )

For me micro scalping as you called it would be say 0 3 to say 2 pips - not 2 pip to 10 pips - that more short term intraday and you dont need charts under 60 seconds ( TICK charts as i still call them ) but even a simple one min chart can get you them with the correct amount of knowledge.

Please tell me - how long have you been trading and how many live scalps have you made ??

That's always the first clues of finding out how good you might be at price structure and price action

Next questions - how large are your stops - and on average what number of scalps do you take per day or per your session and whats your win ratios per batches of 100 trades ?

Those are next clues

Finally who were your original mentors or experienced traders of the past ( but after the year 1999 - who assisted you on your journey ?

Dont worry you dont have to provide any doctored statement saying you make $1k or 10k per day - just the normal questions and answers build up the picture etc

Good Trading to you and look forward to doing some live call trades with you in the new year

Regards

F

Love to know theses answers

Its like Mario Ballotelli going up to Lionel Messi ...Hey Messi tell me how many times have you kicked a ball .....how hard to you kick it ......when do you pass it....how many volleys can you do

I have kicked it 24500 and you have only 16000 so you are not an expert like me ....truly cringeworthy

Hi HS

I've recently been working on our LMAX conversion, and have posted some price improvement data, and LMAX data rates on this thread:

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/forex/195668-brokers-scalpers-true-ecn-brokers.html

I've made many thousands of live scalps, but so what? There are many ways to trade, and I'm always learning, as all good traders know. Not only do we micro-scalp (or nano-scalp) primarily on LMAX but also do Swing trading robot style trading on Dukascopy. Trading operations need to be diversified. I've worked heads down for 6 months on software, testing and tweaking and am looking forward to 2015 where this work will pay off, and I can come up for air.

But I know you are highly experienced, Forexmospherian so I wouldn't want to question anything you say. I'll just say that there are many many "experts" on these forums, and many "niche" areas in which to become an "expert". So nobody would ever know everything about trading...

Last edited:
Its like Mario Ballotelli going up to Lionel Messi ...Hey Messi tell me how many times have you kicked a ball .....how hard to you kick it ......when do you pass it....how many volleys can you do

I have kicked it 24500 and you have only 16000 so you are not an expert like me ....truly cringeworthy

Well you picked 2 top players - although Ballotelli is idle and does not put the effort in to get the results someone like C Ronaldo.

I am a Man U fan - ( only 30 yrs ) but saw Ronaldo play many times at Old trafford and some other grounds. His work ethic reminded me of other top sports people like Schumacher and Senna. Both worked on ultra fitness levels to compliment their natural driving skills - even down to holding their breaths on last qualifying laps to extract maximum focus - something I have not tried entering a scalp lol

But there is a correlation between improving skill levels and technique which can be closely associated to worth ethic commitment and experience

In FX trading - it really is easy to spot - every 1000 live trades - you should see improvements - simply because you learn more and take in more information to improve your future entries and exits

Regards

F

When you get right down to it, there are just two ways to trade: with the trend or against it. For this week's TOTW,we pose the question, which is better?!

Is it better to trade with or against the trend?

Last week's TOTW: What's the best trade you ever made?
It depends on the method of trading.

The answer is always in favour of going with the trend for anyone who's method is is derived from trends. The answer is both for anyone who uses a method that doesn't target trends but rather the ebb and flow.

"Is it better to trade with or against the trend?"

Depends on the circumstances........usually better with, but I trade bounces quite often and they are against the trend.

I've recently been working on our LMAX conversion, and have posted some price improvement data, and LMAX data rates on this thread:

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/forex/195668-brokers-scalpers-true-ecn-brokers.html

I've made many thousands of live scalps, but so what? There are many ways to trade, and I'm always learning, as all good traders know. Not only do we micro-scalp (or nano-scalp) primarily on LMAX but also do Swing trading robot style trading on Dukascopy. Trading operations need to be diversified. I've worked heads down for 6 months on software, testing and tweaking and am looking forward to 2015 where this work will pay off, and I can come up for air.

But I know you are highly experienced, Forexmospherian so I wouldn't want to question anything you say. I'll just say that there are many many "experts" on these forums, and many "niche" areas in which to become an "expert". So nobody would ever know everything about trading...

100% agree with you Hyperscalper with many of your words in this reply comment

i can see you expertise does certainly appear to be on the tech side of developing a profitable ongoing scalping trading business.

i would agree with you also with regards to LMax - they seem to have been getting rave reviews from everywhere on their performance etc etc.

With regards to 2 way scalping - have you been able to build time windows into your set ups with emphasis placed on the 6 key time of every 60 mins of movements.

Time - price structure as well as the normal price action play a big part for me achieving decent win ratios - and although I am not taking 50 -100 scalps a day - multi trading for me is nearly up there with advanced money management - as it can also be the difference on having a winning session or losing day - ie some day say 9 trades 1 loss - target over achieved - another day - 14 trades 3 losses but still over target - and then a really bad day 18 -20+ trades - made profit but not achieved target with 4 or 5 loses - that meant if I had stopped at a set say 12 trades - i might have a losing day - instead of a profit - even if not at target.

Trading to make consistent profits is far from easy and simple and multi skills involving many non discussed areas traders dont maybe focus on.

If i can be of any help improving your own systems by the use of time and stopwatch precision let me know on my intraday thread

Good trading

Regards

F

Micro Scalping Analytics

100% agree with you Hyperscalper with many of your words in this reply comment

i can see you expertise does certainly appear to be on the tech side of developing a profitable ongoing scalping trading business.

i would agree with you also with regards to LMax - they seem to have been getting rave reviews from everywhere on their performance etc etc.

Thanks for the offer of help. My analytics look like the attached image, so I live "in a different universe" from the rest of you, only in the area of "micro scalping" or "nano scalping". In Swing trading, or whatever, I live sort of in the same universe :)

HyperScalper

P.S. The arrows represent Depth of Market based "vectors" of prediction as to where micro trend and therefore price will be moving. This is just the Analytics side of Micro Scalping, and the Execution is equally complex....

OKAY, the image from dropbox won't load, how do you share images on this forum? Maybe the following link will work... By the way, 1.190 is 119.0 simply shown differently. This is USD/JPY one of my favorite micro scalping pairs.

http://hyperscalper.com/screenshots/MicroScalpingAnalytics.PNG

http://hyperscalper.com/screenshots/MicroScalpingAnalytics2.PNG

Last edited:
Always use backwards price and time for taking the next trade.

Maybe buy and stops are future order's

That's one of my fav DAX trade's.

First pull back on a break out, can get false breaks but that's part of the game.

If done on a tick chart you could do hundreds of trades a day.

Then you only need the chart to see where the markets been and just stare a deal ticket going in and out all day.

Guess going back to the thread question.

Trying to trade with the trend but taking the trade against the trend.

You might find this interesting:

http://www.futuresmag.com/2008/12/15/trading-breakouts-and-micro-trendlines

Fz

Hello BSD

Yet again - you are wrong

It is possible to make 85 pips or more out of say a 70 pip fall in a currency pair and of course make money trading both ways

For example many days I will take a scalp sell with a 5 pip stops and after say 10 -30 mins will exit 70% of the stake size and leave 30% on and move the stops into say 1 or 2 pips of profit.

Matey to be honest I don't think you could trade your way out of a paper bag if your life depended on that.

You're not a trader, you're a winder up who get his thrills making unsubstantiable make believe calls on an anonymous board.

Reactions: tar
Matey to be honest I don't think you could trade your way out of a paper bag if your life depended on that.

You're not a trader, you're a winder up who get his thrills making unsubstantiable make believe calls on an anonymous board.

Amazing

Well Great minds certainly dont think alike

I am thinking exactly the same about you.

You will have such a big apology to make - I should work on it over Christmas to get in ready

Meanwhile do a bit of home work

Chose 3 random different days over last year and check out and read the comments and calls for those days ( maybe between 40 and 90 posts a day to read - but not all from me )

This is what you will be competing against - and then you think I cannot trade ???

You must be still merry from the start of your celebrations over the weekend

Enjoy and Merry Christmas

Regards

F

F I'm always merry :)

Like I said: you go ahead and open a single account at one of those social trading sites and if you generate returns even close to what you keep claiming you achieve I will offer you a full and unabashed public apology.

Absolutely.

Merry Christmas

Merry-Christmas-2014-1024x768.jpg